General discussion

UA55C8000 LED 3D Software Upgrade

Hi,
I own a UA55C8000 LED 3d and live in the UAE. Im having some problems with ghosting issues in 3d content and I've heard the ghosting improves alot on the new sotware upgrade. I tried upgraing from the TV directly and it says no updates available and i have the latest, when I go the US website i see an update that is much more recent than mine. I could upgrade the firmware with a USB but will it affect the TV since I live in another region??? is it OK???

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: UA55C8000 LED 3D Software Upgrade
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: UA55C8000 LED 3D Software Upgrade
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
UA55C8000 LED 3D Software Upgrade

hamed_r_i,

I do not recommend updating any system using firmware from a different region.

We separate the websites by region, with that as one major reason.

Have you tried changing the batteries in the glasses, or attempting the 3D Picture Correction option in the menu?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Firmware

Thanks for the reply...
The glasses are working fine with no flickering(I've already replaced them once before),, I read in the forums that I wasn't the only one and the ghosting In 3D content is a common issue on 55c8000 models but its greatly improved up to 70% with the US 1030 firmware update. The one in my country is 1011.

Well, if it's not recommended I'll just have to put up with it.... :@(

- Collapse -
Firmware

hamed_r_i,

I'd definitely recommend logging it at the Samsung customer service center in your region. At least make sure that the powers that DO control the firmware in that region are at least aware. Unfortunately, my reach doesn't make it to the UAE, but would encourage you to check and see if they can assist.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info