Samsung forum

General discussion

TVs - Hulu and YouTube?

by jaximflash / June 16, 2008 10:14 PM PDT

Mr Samsung:
I don't expect you to comment on future products, but it would be great if one of Samsung TVs allowed the user to watch videos from sites like,, Revision3, etc.

It would also be great if the user could select which RSS feeds they would like to read on their TV instead of getting stuck with only one RSS feed like USAToday as it is with the 750 series TVs.

If you know of any firmware upgrade or any new Samsung hardware product that would allow me to do this, please let us know.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TVs - Hulu and YouTube?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TVs - Hulu and YouTube?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Regarding RSS feeds...
by Mr__S / June 18, 2008 3:23 PM PDT

I completely agree with you. Several people at Samsung also agree. I wouldn't be surprised if future models have the flexibility to select any RSS feed because several people have made that request.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we allowed our TVs to connect with online video content. The guys at the factory are constantly exploring ways we can enhance the Samsung TV experience. Integrating TV and Online seems to be a natural evolution in the near future.

The ideal RSS feed for me would be a feed that shows me the performance of my fantasy sports players (especially during football season). Wouldn't that be awesome? You can watch your favorite team and see how your players are performing from a feed at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for contributing to the Samsung Forums.

Mr. Samsung

Collapse -
How Likely?
by jaximflash / June 18, 2008 9:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Regarding RSS feeds...

Thanks for the response, Mr Samsung.

How likely would it be that TVs that currently have Internet connection capability (i.e. Series 7) would receive a firmware update with any Internet capability improvements like custom RSS feeds?

Collapse -
Not for the 750...
by Mr__S / August 17, 2008 5:10 PM PDT
In reply to: How Likely?

Jax -

Unfortunately, highly unlikely. Future models may have the capability to do this, but it will not be implemented in our current product line.

Mr. Samsung

Collapse -
Samsung internet conection
by CyclonicKitten / June 24, 2008 12:32 PM PDT
In reply to: Regarding RSS feeds...

With the connectivity of the 750 and future capabilities it should provide (according to my Samsung rep at work) i wouldn't doubt that by next year we should see TVs have built in browsers or specific RSS feeds or firmware updates for certain RSS feeds based on user preference. Im just speculating.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?