HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

TV without AV ports

by TheJawn / August 31, 2007 1:35 AM PDT

Hey my TV doesn't have any AV ports, just one RF(?) for the cable to come in through. I can't figure out how I would hook up AV cables to it. Right now I have the cabled, leading to my VCR, then coming out of the VCR to the cable box, out of the cable box and over to the TV, all through the RF cable.

How would I hook something up with component video cables to the TV. I already tried pluggin it into the VCR's component in, and that didn't work. The cable box I have it a Verizon Fios, Motoroal QIP2500-3.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TV without AV ports
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TV without AV ports
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe it's time for a new TV.
by jcrobso / August 31, 2007 2:44 AM PDT
In reply to: TV without AV ports

There is no way to use component cables with your TV!!!! John

Collapse -
START SAVING YOUR MONEY
by stewart norrie / August 31, 2007 2:51 AM PDT
In reply to: TV without AV ports

And join the world of hi-def digital. Rite now you can buy a sweet entry level hi-def set for as little as $450 Add a hi-def cable or satellite system and you will have the most awsome programming and picture quality as good as any movie palace in town In closing seems you have a bare bones anolog t.v. not much you can add to it sorry steweee

Collapse -
:*(
by TheJawn / August 31, 2007 8:12 AM PDT

That's hard for a 15 year old without a job!Besides, its a little 17 inch on my wall, It works fine, and I don't think spending $450 is a great idea.

Collapse -
JAWN HERE IS WHAT I DID
by stewart norrie / August 31, 2007 8:29 AM PDT
In reply to: :*(

All my life I lusted for a home theater system but until hi-def came of age home theater systems all looked horrible in anolog I remember seeing on of the first hi-def t.v.s on display COST AS MUCH AS A HOUSE. Anyway I got the bug woorse than drugs, I worked two jobs all the overtime I could get, saved saved then finally 5 years ago I built the home theater of my dreams yes twelve grand I read every book I could find, talked to experts and joined this fine c,net group. Iam so proud of my system and love every minute I watch it worth every penny I paid for it, Ya boys must have there toys Iam sorry you are not working but if you have a passion for something you may want to have 3 jobs I think that lust for having something special has keeped me going for 69 years and the best part was putting everything together now that its done I feel lost hope my next hobby is a cheap one ha ha steweeeeee

Collapse -
JAWN CHECK THIS IDEA OUT
by stewart norrie / August 31, 2007 9:32 AM PDT

Its so cool you are just like me when I was a young man ASKING QUESTIONS. Trying to find out what your future holds for you. Here is what I did when I was 15 and it changed my life forever for real. go to your computor and punch in ten tec 1054. This is a cool short wave radio kit all you need are a few cheap radio shack tools soldering iron etc. once you build this kit and hook up a nice antenna system you will feel so proud of yourself and will enjoy hearing stations all over the earth its awsome. In closing think about this. Home theater installers make great money especially hi-end retailers if you are good at it you will be sent all over the u.s to factory training schools.

Collapse -
Hahaha, I love tinkering with little things like radios
by TheJawn / August 31, 2007 11:09 AM PDT

Hahaha, I love tinkering with little things like radios, I might try that for fun, i already have a modded CB-Radio that can get channels in the UK (I'm in the US). My dad used to work at a CB-store, so he gave me the run-threw of how to do it, and since then I just kept playing with everything I could find. Right now I'm working on ambient light system for my monitor. A great site for modding and such is http://instructables.com, anyone interested should check it out.

Collapse -
JAWN YOUR FOLKS SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOU
by stewart norrie / August 31, 2007 11:51 AM PDT

when I was 15 that was a million years ago. Heathkits were a real hot item they even had color t.v.s in kit form yes my dad really helped me out every xmas and birthday he would buy me a new toy to build but that heathkit short wave radio really was so cool I looked up that short wave radio for you really cheap and fun good luck to you and please post more here at c.net steweeeeeeeeeee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.