PC Hardware forum

General discussion

tv tuner card help.

I have a new dell 8400, and I need a good, but inexpensive tv tuner card so that I can burn DVD`s from my DVR. Any suggestions?
send replies to jed42349@yahoo.com.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: tv tuner card help.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: tv tuner card help.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
DVD`s from my DVR

In reply to: tv tuner card help.

Collapse -
Next thing on my list,too.

In reply to: DVD`s from my DVR

So I'm curious. I want to download recorded shows from DVR to harddrive, but I would also like to record a show off the air occasionally, too. My problem is, the cards
have tuners, but they are antenna and cable. I have a
dish(Dish Network). This may be a whole different ball of wax. Anyone familiar with this? chuck

Collapse -
If you look at..

In reply to: Next thing on my list,too.

SNAPSTREAM.com they do some tricks with IR blasters or such to make it happen.

Bob

Collapse -
Next thing on my list,too

In reply to: Next thing on my list,too.

I have Dish also, I just orderd a Sony stand alone DVD recorder. Use the s-video and audio outputs of my 522 DVR and record into the Sony DVD recorder. I let you know how it works.
You can record to VHS tape to save shows.
You can use a video capture card to import the show into you computer using the video and audio cables
then burn to a DVD.
I was at COSTCO and they have GO-Video hard drive-DVD burner combo that you use like a DVR and then save to DVD $249.
Here is a link that may help. John

http://www.dbstalk.com/

Collapse -
dvd from dvr

In reply to: DVD`s from my DVR

it`s a dish network dvr, and i`ve pretty much decided of a ati wonder pro tuner card because it`s compatable with windows xp home. it`s a little pricy but.....

Collapse -
Dual Tuner Cards

In reply to: tv tuner card help.

I'm building a system now that I plan to use as both a gaming system and entertainment management machine. The problem I'm running in to is not being able to find a card with dual analog tuners. The only one I've seen is the Haupage WinTV 500. No one seems to have it in stock. Any ideas or suggestions?

Collapse -
Dual Tuner Cards

In reply to: Dual Tuner Cards

The only dual tuner card I've seen recently is the ATI
HDTV wonder it has an analog and a OTA HDTV tuner in it.
Works great with XP SP2 but not so good XP MCE2005.
John

Collapse -
HDTV Wonder

In reply to: Dual Tuner Cards

Thanks, I've looked at that card. The problem is that I'm looking for dual analog tuners. The system I've built uses the SLI technology, meaning the dual graphics cards take up two of the PCI-E slots. With a sound card added into the mix, I don't think I have enough slots to use two tuner cards. That's why I'm looking for a card with dual on-board analog tuners.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!