Speakeasy forum

General discussion

TV trivia I just learned this weekend

by Evie / September 16, 2006 11:06 PM PDT

TV Land has been running a Three's Company marathon. Yesterday morning, they played a pilot with the same Jack and Janet, but a different Chrissy. This morning I caught the tail end of another pilot in which they apparently had different character names, and John Ritter co-stars with two different actresses -- and Mr. Roper was George instead of Stanley.

Doesn't change the world, but I had never known there were even two pilots let alone three!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three's_Company

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TV trivia I just learned this weekend
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TV trivia I just learned this weekend
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My son has been watching that...
by EdH / September 16, 2006 11:26 PM PDT

can't stand it. I don't know where he gets this affinity for TV shows that aired before he was born. Some of them are okay, but a lot of them are crap. To me Three's Company is in that category (sorry).

I think multiple pilots are not uncommon.

Collapse -
GET A LIFE EVIE !!!!!!!!!
by duckman / September 16, 2006 11:30 PM PDT

For crying out loud. It's 80's TV at it's worst !!!! (or at least it was when Don Knotts showed up)

Collapse -
By the way...
by EdH / September 16, 2006 11:38 PM PDT

did you feel disappointed at last Sunday's Family Guy? It seemed run-of-the-mill to me. I don't know why I was anticipating something more daring or funnier or something.

Hope they are not "phoning it in."

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Which episode was it???
by duckman / September 16, 2006 11:50 PM PDT
In reply to: By the way...
Collapse -
Prostate exam...
by EdH / September 16, 2006 11:54 PM PDT

wasn't that the season premier?

Collapse -
Ah yes,
by duckman / September 16, 2006 11:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Prostate exam...

The daughter was watching with me. I turned it off about 10 minutes into it. Just like the Simpsons, every episode can't be hall of fame material

Collapse -
I'm not sitting around watching a Three's Company marathon!
by Evie / September 16, 2006 11:42 PM PDT

Bad habit or not, I sleep with the TV on very low volume at night. So as not to wake up with an insatiable urge to buy a truckload of Kaboom, learn Spanish, etc., there's pretty much only TV Land or Nick@Nite that can be "safe". (Hence why I've seen WAAAAAAAAY too many episodes of Full House!)

However, I do find it surprising how controversial a show it was back then. I recall watching it with my parents and it was funny at the time. I still think John Ritter was one of the best physical comic actors of his time.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
nuthin' t'be ashamed of lil' lady
by jonah jones / September 16, 2006 11:49 PM PDT

i know people who plan there evenings around Lost...[/]

Wink

Collapse -
I will fess up to ...
by Evie / September 16, 2006 11:55 PM PDT

... DVR'ing Law & Order and watching marathons of that Grin Also Spin City.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You need some more sand box time.
by duckman / September 16, 2006 11:57 PM PDT
In reply to: I will fess up to ...
Collapse -
Ritter was excellent at many things.
by drpruner / September 18, 2006 9:45 AM PDT

Physical comedy was his forte. I saw a hilarious episode of something where he did a 'first time on roller skates' bit.

And Norman Fell was the perfect landlord for looneys.

I think the controversy was because the Ritter character called himself gay in order to live with two women.

Collapse -
I was raised in a pretty strict household ...
by Evie / September 18, 2006 10:08 AM PDT

... that's why I don't understand the controversy over that show because I recall watching the show (and laughing) with my parents. By that time stigmas over living together in non-platonic relationships were going by the wayside, let alone co-ed platonic roommates. And any gay jokes were routine (did you forget your purse, Jack hugging Stanley, etc.) -- there was never any deep sexual innuendo into actual gay sex or anything like that.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
That's what I was thinking.
by drpruner / September 18, 2006 11:44 AM PDT

No matter on which side of the issue(s) one's on, there were already stronger situations going on on TV and in real life. Too much time on some people's hands IMO.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?