TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

TV Sound to Stereo Speakers...

My TV does not have very good volume AT ALL...sucks actually....and i bought a audio/video cord (the yellow,white,and red tips) and thought thats all i need for it to work and run thru my speakers on my stereo, but it doesnt work, does anyone know whats wrong and what i need to do to fix it?..

i know the thing works on my stereo because i just bought a cord to run my IPOD through my stereo and works perfectly...
thanks a lot!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TV Sound to Stereo Speakers...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TV Sound to Stereo Speakers...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sound out

In reply to: TV Sound to Stereo Speakers...

Did you set the 'sound out' to 'on' or 'Speaker' under audio in the menu set to 'off' or whatever it is called on your tv. There should be No sound coming from the tv speakers.

Collapse -
No option..

In reply to: Sound out

There is no option to do that in the Menu. There isnt even an option called Audio. The only options there are is Picture, Preferences, Time, Setup.

Collapse -
(NT) what is under setup?

In reply to: No option..

Collapse -
Setup Options..

In reply to: what is under setup?

I am currently on Channel #5....now the options are...

TV/CATV CATV
Channel 5
Add/Erase Add
Manual Down
Auto Search >
Favorite List

Its a RCA Flatscreen TV, fairly new.

Collapse -
(NT) tv model #?

In reply to: Setup Options..

Collapse -
20F420T

In reply to: tv model #?

Collapse -
ok your looking @

In reply to: Setup Options..

the 'display' button, that what it is called on my sony, there will be a 'menu', 'main menu' or 'setup' (something like) button on the remote & tv. Then goto 'Sound' then unclick/deselect 'Internal Speakers'.

Collapse -

In reply to: ok your looking @

Nope, the only button on my remote of that type is the Menu button, but i went through all the options and looked for ANYTHING to turn off the internal speakers and there isnt anything...ive seen this before on TVs but it must not be on this one for some odd reason...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.