Understand, you simply won't be finding the same selection of HDTVs in Turkey that you would elsewhere. Definitely not for only $1K, and quality 4K rigs. Regarding the Samsung UE-48JU6470, you simply won't be seeing many reviews here for a model not sold in North American, unfortunately. It's important though not to use a review of a similarly numbered model as your litmus test. Sometimes they can be quite different. YMMV.
Your best bet would be to heed Bob's advice and stick with 1080p for now. That should get your closer to your desire to stay under $1K and have a low lag w/ excellent PQ. I suggest perusing AVS forum to see if anyone there can recommend something viable based on the availability of models in your region.
Hello everyone. I have been looking for a TV to connect to my desktop PC in my living room. I do everything on PC - video games, web browsing, TV series, Movies etc. So what I am looking for:
- price should be at most $1000
- 4K resolution for it to be future proof - I believe 4K content will be properly available in the near future
- Screen size should be between 40"-50" (preferably 43"-48"). On my current setup with my 40" TV (samsung le40A553p4rxxh)
- I do not care for extras like Smart TV, Os, Apps, wi-fi, satellite receiver, video player, USB slots etc. They are all trash/gimmicks for me as I will have my PC hooked up to it 24/7. I do not care about 3D or curved screen either. I don't care about sound quality because I have a 5.1 system.
- Angle of view - I will be sitting directly in front of the TV. It doesn't matter if it looks bad from a 45 degree angle. My room is also dark (the TV is the only source of light )
So basically from what I am understanding, I should be looking for low response time, low input lag for gaming. The problem is, I do not know how to do that. The real problem is probably where I live - Turkey. Models here are very limited, and for some reason when I search the model names I see on stores, I can barely find out anything about it... Oh, and trying to find the top rated TVs listed on review sites like Cnet or Rtings in Turkey...pffftt...
I was suggested the LG 49UF6807 model by a salesman, but apparently he was completely clueless about TVs in general. Rtings states the 6800 models are especially bad for gaming for example.
I have found a place that sells Samsung UE-48JU6470 LED which seems ok in reviews, but I found the review of the JU6410 here (I do not know what the difference between the number 7-1 means) http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-television/samsung-ue55ju6410-p24193/test.html
They say that its input lag is very low in gaming mode, so it's great for gamers, but then they say it has a very high response time (17 ms) and a lot of motion blur ??? :/
It seems like there is absolutely no one well informed in my country who show me the way on selecting the TV that ı am looking for. I would appreciate any help/suggestions. Thanks in advance.