1. Extended warranties are big profit amkers for the dealers.
2. You can get an OK surge protector at Home Depot or any surgre protector in the $50 or less range should be fine. Good brands at reasonable prices are Belkin, Trip-Lite and APC to mentiona few. Monster products including cables and speaker wire are also big profit items.
Ok, so I finally went ahead and purchased my 50'' KDSR50XBR1 on Saturday. It's getting delivered here on Wednesday. I'm so excited. However, I have a few questions....
1. I purchased it from Circuit City....is the extended warranty worth it?
2. They keep pushing these Monster Cable Surge Portectors that cost an arm and a leg. I know that a surge protector is necessary, but are the Monster ones that good that it's worth paying $100+ bucks for one?
3. With Hi-Def TV, I know that as long as you have an antenna, you can get the channels for free, but do I have to have an HDMI cable for it?
4. Are the Denon DVD players worth it? I'm told that they're the best when it comes to upconverting DVD players, but I'm also told the Sony one is good too...and it's a good $100 cheaper.
Thanks for the help!