HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

TV picture unviewable after firmware installed

by jrwaters1 / June 23, 2010 12:12 PM PDT

Samsung sent me a firmware download for my LNT4661F My picture Now looks like an egg droped from a high building. Customer support could not help. Is there anyway I can undo this. The TV appears to be ruined. The thing will not alow me to update again because I now have the latest version and will not let me redo.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TV picture unviewable after firmware installed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TV picture unviewable after firmware installed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
TV picture unviewable after firmware installed
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 23, 2010 12:24 PM PDT

jrwaters1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

I'd recommend calling back the service center to see if they can assist in a repair. If the firmware was the cause of the problem, then there may be some remedies available.

If you're not able to get assistance, get a service ticket number from the person you talked to, and I'll see if I can assist.

--HDTech

Collapse -
reply to: TV picture unviewable
by jrwaters1 / June 23, 2010 12:52 PM PDT

they have not been able to help. I talked to them 4 or 5 times tonight. The # they gave me is 2011744925. The TV was working great but the closed cap was grey in set up. I did not think the latest update would hurt it. Now it looks like a piece of junk. I sure hope you can help. I cannot afford a new TV.

This is what they sent.
Here are the firmware upgrade links for your TV.

Ticket Number 2011743695
Please use the "Ticket Number" shown above on all communication with Samsung concerning your service.

Product Information

Model Number : LNT4661FX/XAA
Serial Number : M000

Collapse -
reply to: TV picture unviewable
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 23, 2010 1:15 PM PDT

jrwaters1,

I've sent that up as of this evening, with the transaction number and requested a review for your case.

You'll likely hear back before I do, so if you have an update, keep me posted. Unfortunately, I'm not a member of the service department, but can only relay symptoms and a request, which I have done.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung willl fix TV
by jrwaters1 / June 24, 2010 2:54 AM PDT

Thanks for all the help. Samsung is sending someone to check it out.

I hope they remove the firm ware from distribution for this model
I would hate for it to happen to someone else.

LNT 4661FX/XAA
VERSION SX07

Collapse -
Samsung willl fix TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 24, 2010 5:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung willl fix TV

jrwaters1,

Good news.

Thanks for keeping me updated.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.