General discussion

TV LN52A550 colored lines on my screen help

Hello,
First time here.....

My Samsung TV works prefectly, except yesterday when I turned it on, right in the middle of my screen are these multi colored lines. Solid, The lines do not move. I do not even know where to start. Please help! THANK YOU

TV Model: LN52A550

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: TV LN52A550 colored lines on my screen help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: TV LN52A550 colored lines on my screen help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
TV LN52A550 colored lines on my screen help -

maritza390,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Unfortunately, there's not much troubleshooting I can offer to help with this symptom. If it's happening on all inputs, it's likely the TV. If it's just happening on one input, you may want to check your device and reset it.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend having your unit inspected by a qualified technician. If you need help in finding one in your area, you can call 800-SAMSUNG or fill out the online service request form here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. I figured I may as well try my only other attachment which is my DVD player. I did, and the lines where still present. I also reseted the Direct TV, and nothing happened. I will request a support service request.

Is there any way this could be Direct TV, even tho the lines stay when I play a dvd movie?

Regards Happy With Gradatude

- Collapse -

maritza390,

I'd lean towards the TV being the issue if it's happening on more than one input, as you noted. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you probably wanted, but that's what I believe to be the case here.

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm not sure what to do now.
I did fill out the support service request. So, I guess I will just wait for
them the reply?

Regards....
Mitzi Happy

- Collapse -

maritza390,

Usually they will contact you during business hours.

If you'd like to follow up and speak to someone, you can do that by calling 800-SAMSUNG.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info