Question

tv flickers when tv changes from HD to comercials

My tv flickers when TV changes from HD to comercials. The TV also flickers when it is in PC mode. I was thinking about changing the Mian Board will this fix the problem

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: tv flickers when tv changes from HD to comercials
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: tv flickers when tv changes from HD to comercials
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
The flicker in Game Mode and PC looks to be noted

I just read a Samsung manual that writes it will flicker in Game mode. Ask Samsung (1800SAMSUNG) if you missed that in the manual.

There are other reasons as well.

About TV content. What a mess. As Samsung does not supply the video content, all bets are off.
Bob

- Collapse -
I dont think that is the problem

I dont think that is the problem, because I had the TV for about 6 months and the flickering just started about a month ago, I am the only one that has used the TV and I did not change the settings since i bought the TV.

- Collapse -
That was not in your first post.

Also, I may be missing it but is there a model number, country?

And there is a KNOWN issue with some models but given I can't find the model number I can't see why it would apply (yet.)
Bob

- Collapse -
The TV is aSamsung model

The TV is aSamsung model

- Collapse -
Since there is no model number

I can't see if there was a known issue. I can see why folk keep such to themselves and I respect your choice.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Samsung Model

Hi lonniecrawford,

The model number will be in a format similar to UN60ES8000. You can find this information on the back of your TV for sure, and some models this information can be found on the side. On the software side, you can press the Menu button > navigate to and select "Support" > navigate to and select "Contact Samsung" and the model number should be listed on that screen.

HD Tech

- Collapse -
The model number is LN46C630

The model number is LN46C630

- Collapse -
US

The country is the United States

- Collapse -
The model number is ln46c630

The model number is ln46c630

- Collapse -
Now read this prior discussion.
- Collapse -
I will try this

I am busy for the next few days but I hope to try to cut the jumper soon and see if that corrects the problem,
thanks I will let you know if it works, My problem may differ from the others I have a blochy looking flicker that covers the hole screen, will this fix work for that as well?

- Collapse -
Sorry but why are you doing this?

Around here, Samsung does this for folk (after a little talking.) I can't be sure it will do a thing for this set. But it took a number of posts to get the model number. I know folk want to guard their privacy but such details can help.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks, I am sorry I did not post the model number

I copied and pasted my model number in an earlier post, Must be I did not hit paste correctly because I seen it was not there.
Thanks for all the help, I will need to get a new board if cutting the wire does not work, but I would have had to get one anyway, so its worth a try. I will let you know in a frw days if it works

- Collapse -
The TV is now fixed

I got a main board from ebay and installed it on the TV and the TV is working good. Cutting the wire would not have helped me with my problem, but thanks for all the help.

CNET Forums