Question

turn on camcorder, says low battery and turns off

My son got me a used samsung sc mx20 camcorder. It came with a battery charger, usb cable, battery and camcorder. I bought a stick for it and put it in. I charged the battery and when I put the battery in and turned on the camcorder, the message said low battery and turned off. I bought a new battery and charged it and put it in. I had the same results. I have not seen this listed in the reviews as a problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would like to have some idea what might be wrong before I take it to someone for a possible repair. Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: turn on camcorder, says low battery and turns off
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: turn on camcorder, says low battery and turns off
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
turn on camcorder, says low battery and turns off

animules,

- Collapse -
turn on camcorder, says low batter and turns off

thanks so much for a reply. The battery seems to be charged. It shows red to start and then after a couple of hours, it shows green in the charger. Altho, it is the charger that came with the camcorder. I live in a very rural area, but I can catch a ride down to larger areas with greater population if you have a suggestion of a good place where I could take the whole deal to get checked out. When I put in the newly charged new battery, it will turn the camcorder on, the message comes on 'low battery' and then turns off. This will happen for a multiple of times until I assume the battery runs out of life again and then just doesn't turn on anymore unless I charge the battery again and repeat the whole process all over again.

- Collapse -
Answer
solution?

I have the exact same issue with the exact same camera. Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

CNET Forums