Phones forum

General discussion

Tungsten E2 vs. Zire 72

Hiho,

I'd like to have a PDA for organization and to keep some notes.
I want:
+ long battery life
+ good organizing features
+ view ebooks and write texts

I reviewed the Z22 but I mistrust it's lack of expansion slots.

pro E2:
+ new
+ non-volatile memory
contra:
+ no mic
+ less features

pro 72:
+ microphone
contra:
+ older
+ volatile memory

So how big is the memory drawback? Did you ever had situations where you've misses volatile memory?
Is pOS 5.4 much better than 5.2.8?
What would you buy if you could get both for the same price?

- eth

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tungsten E2 vs. Zire 72
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tungsten E2 vs. Zire 72
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The E2 has a lot more functionality...

In reply to: Tungsten E2 vs. Zire 72

I have the E2 and it is great. I have had some problems with it though lately (buzzing screen, slowness(thats my fault)). As long as you don't "bug" it up (i.e. add unnecessary non-Palm certified programs), you'll have a great PDA on your hand. I'm not totally sure, but since this model is near 2 years old, I would assume that Palm would be introducing an upgrade hopefully soon. If you could maybe wait for a couple months??? It's up to you....

Collapse -
Not want to wait

In reply to: The E2 has a lot more functionality...

Thanks for your reply.
The E2 has no cam and has no microphone. Those are dispenseable features for me, but the mic could be useful.
What features did you mean?

Collapse -
You mentioned some...

In reply to: Not want to wait

but I'm not really familiar with the Palm OS 5.2.8... I do know there are alot of extra helpful apps in OS 5.4. I also believe it is a little more stable. There are also many Palm programs available for download but as I said, some can be "buggy" and that is what causes problems. I have a 1GB SD card where I store my photos and music so I can keep my internal memory free for other programs and data.

Collapse -
I like both.

And use both. The Zire 72 has a camera and in my opinion the best BlueTooth effort PalmOne put out.

The E2 is our field workhorse (must be a thousand in the lot) and is doing great. The battery seems to last longer than the Zire 72. But battery time is highly dependant on screen brightness, if you turn off bluetooth and more.

Both very nice units.

Just a FYI. They don't support the 4 and up GB SD cards. 2GB SD Cards work great.

Bob

Collapse -
I agree with Bob

the E2 has the organizers and MP3 capabolites, with outstanding battery life, and a excellant color screen. While the zire 72 is bigger and not as good battery life, it has a camera and is more situated for media use. they both have bluetooth and exspansion slots, I would persona;;y go with wich ever one you can get a better deal on.

bigboy

Collapse -
STUPID ME

In reply to: I agree with Bob

sorry guys I can't spell thats capabilites.

BIGBOY

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.