Question

TS913ES software

I have a TS913ES 5.1ch Surrond Compact Receiver System that dosent have any audio ouput.

By looking around I was able to find that my DPS version and it looks corrupted, when I read the version i have: D 05 F

It looks like the is a software version named: DSP_SR906_1XXXXXX.hex that could fix my problem. Is there anyway to find this software?

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: TS913ES software
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: TS913ES software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
This appears to be a receiver from 2012

And nothing is found on the web from my searches that the firmware was ever updated. If this fails my bet is you replace the board with that firmware. You are past the usual 5 years where makers close the books and stop repairing which irks folk but if you like the model, I'd look to Ebay for a working replacement.

- Collapse -
TS913ES software

It is a bit a non sense to get rid of perfectly functional hardware for a software failure. In the manual there is a method that explain how to update the software is there no way to get an hand on the original software and fix the sound system instead of buying a new one. Software dont have an expiry...

- Collapse -
Firmware is not software.

Out of thousands of PCs and some hundred thousand single board computers over 2 decades (I am an electronics designer with dozens of board designs over the years) I have yet to find more than one board with failed firmware. It's so rare and the time it did happen the base station had taken a lightning hit.

So firmware rarely dies and so what software are you looking for? When I see software given with receivers it's some app for a PC or phone.

- Collapse -
Firmware file

According to the lg service manual when I read the DSp version I should be getting D1012234 but I get D 05 F.

There is a firmware update file named: DSP_SR906_1XXXXXX.hex. I suspect that updating the firmware back to the original file will fix the no audio problem.

I have checked the main supply they are all good, check the op-amps all good. The inputs i could measure on the different IC are all good. Looks really like a corrupted firmware issue. I just need that file, I just don't know where I could get it from.

- Collapse -
Since there is no sign of firmware files at LG.

This only means you are stuck with replacing the board (this is the realistic view) or calling LG and investing the time to keep hounding them till they tell you why there is no file to be had (most likely outcome.)

I am running into newer techs that won't make that phone call. Here our office knows when to just replace the board. The cost of a tech or engineer fixing one board is weighed against the cost of replacement. This however can cause some to breakdown and flame in a discussion.

Good luck in your search, mine came back with no files anywhere. Since you have the incentive to call LG, that's what is next.

- Collapse -
Service Manual

Hi VincentLock, I am experiencing the same problem. My TS913ES stopped emitting sound - from any source, even the internal FM radio. It apparently happened after I inserted a pen drive that contained movies into the USB socket (I did not realize at the time that socket is just for music). I see you are talking about firmware codes and service manuals. Do you know where I can get a .PDF of the service manual? Have you been able to solve the problem?
Thank you and best regards

- Collapse -
Answer
Maybe it's Bluetooth

or something ?

- Collapse -
My guess?

No longer supported due to age.
Dafydd.

CNET Forums

Forum Info