LG forum

Question

TS913ES software

I have a TS913ES 5.1ch Surrond Compact Receiver System that dosent have any audio ouput.

By looking around I was able to find that my DPS version and it looks corrupted, when I read the version i have: D 05 F

It looks like the is a software version named: DSP_SR906_1XXXXXX.hex that could fix my problem. Is there anyway to find this software?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: TS913ES software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: TS913ES software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
This appears to be a receiver from 2012

In reply to: TS913ES software

And nothing is found on the web from my searches that the firmware was ever updated. If this fails my bet is you replace the board with that firmware. You are past the usual 5 years where makers close the books and stop repairing which irks folk but if you like the model, I'd look to Ebay for a working replacement.

Collapse -
TS913ES software

In reply to: This appears to be a receiver from 2012

It is a bit a non sense to get rid of perfectly functional hardware for a software failure. In the manual there is a method that explain how to update the software is there no way to get an hand on the original software and fix the sound system instead of buying a new one. Software dont have an expiry...

Collapse -
Firmware is not software.

Out of thousands of PCs and some hundred thousand single board computers over 2 decades (I am an electronics designer with dozens of board designs over the years) I have yet to find more than one board with failed firmware. It's so rare and the time it did happen the base station had taken a lightning hit.

So firmware rarely dies and so what software are you looking for? When I see software given with receivers it's some app for a PC or phone.

Collapse -
Firmware file

In reply to: Firmware is not software.

According to the lg service manual when I read the DSp version I should be getting D1012234 but I get D 05 F.

There is a firmware update file named: DSP_SR906_1XXXXXX.hex. I suspect that updating the firmware back to the original file will fix the no audio problem.

I have checked the main supply they are all good, check the op-amps all good. The inputs i could measure on the different IC are all good. Looks really like a corrupted firmware issue. I just need that file, I just don't know where I could get it from.

Collapse -
Since there is no sign of firmware files at LG.

In reply to: Firmware file

This only means you are stuck with replacing the board (this is the realistic view) or calling LG and investing the time to keep hounding them till they tell you why there is no file to be had (most likely outcome.)

I am running into newer techs that won't make that phone call. Here our office knows when to just replace the board. The cost of a tech or engineer fixing one board is weighed against the cost of replacement. This however can cause some to breakdown and flame in a discussion.

Good luck in your search, mine came back with no files anywhere. Since you have the incentive to call LG, that's what is next.

Collapse -
Answer
Maybe it's Bluetooth

or something ?

Collapse -
My guess?

In reply to: Maybe it's Bluetooth

No longer supported due to age.
Dafydd.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.