General discussion

trying to install Microsoft Securities on old xp lapton

Hello All
I have an old Laptop which has windows xp home edition installed, i tried to download Microsoft Security, it go so far then and said the version i have is too old to Install, is there a way around this?

Thanks
Allan

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: trying to install Microsoft Securities on old xp lapton
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: trying to install Microsoft Securities on old xp lapton
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
microsoft securities

you have to have sp3 installed for securities essentials to be installable. be sure you have the sp3 installed as well as the latest update labeled as sp4 even though np sp4 cd or file is planned to be issued. here is the sp3 link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2fcde6ce-b5fb-4488-8c50-fe22559d164e

it's an iso and has to be opened and burned to a dvd/cd to run. it may not be available from auto updates if your pc has only sp2 as ms ended all support for xp sp2 users a few months ago.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Hi Thanks for your help, i will try that

Allan

CNET Forums

Forum Info