General discussion

Trying to get my PC running.

I went to start up my PC and it said improper boot device, so I bought another hard drive and put it in and it still says the same thing. I cannot even load an OS. I put both hard drive in another computer and they load fine. What else should I do?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Trying to get my PC running.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trying to get my PC running.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
improper boot device

I would try to switch out the cable to the motherboard, also go to CMOS and make your hard disk be your first boot device.

- Collapse -

Thank-you, I did this and it says the same thing.

CNET Forums

Forum Info