Windows Vista forum

Question

Trying to download Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2

by resdiver / September 6, 2011 2:00 PM PDT

Every time I try to download, it says your download will begin in a moment and then it never starts. Did everything the video says to do with no results. Using Firefox.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trying to download Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trying to download Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Where from?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 6, 2011 8:47 PM PDT

Where are you downloading from? Full URL web address please, then we can try the download.

On a side note...

I don't see a "Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2" listed in Google, (except your own CNET forum post), so I wonder if you have that name wrong. Do you mean "Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2002"?

I do see a Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2002 at Download.com here;
http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Encarta-Encyclopedia-Standard-2002/3000-2051_4-20833.html"

I haven't attempted to download yet until you say whether this is the one you are trying to download, but if this is the one, did you notice that this is for "Windows 98/2000/XP". Windows 7 is not mentioned and that means it may not work on the newer OS.

Mark

Collapse -
Trying to download Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2
by resdiver / September 6, 2011 11:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Where from?

It is the Standard 2002 edition that I am trying to download. The character restrictions in the subject box did not allow for the full "2002". The full RUL that I am downloading from is: http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Encarta-Encyclopedia-Standard-2002/3000-2051_4-20833.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d

It appears to work fine up to the point of opening the download window. I received an email from CNET the next day asking me to rate the download, so I assume it appears on the CNET side that the download went through properly.

I have followed the security instructions that are provided and even went a step further and disabled my antivirus program and firewall temporarily (running Norton 360) but it still will not download and I receive no error message.

resdiver

Collapse -
Looks broken.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 7, 2011 2:17 AM PDT

"CNET Secure Download" and no "direct download".

Time to try other download sites?
Bob

Collapse -
Price: Purchase
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 7, 2011 2:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Looks broken.

It's not free either.

Collapse -
Yep, looks broken to me too.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 7, 2011 7:22 AM PDT

I click the big green "Download Now" button, the page changes but then nothing. You can report that problem directly to CNET's Download.com team from the link you gave. In the "Quick Specs" box there is a link to 'Report a problem'.

Mark

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!