General discussion

Trying to download AVG free

My computer is running Microsoft Windows 2000 and i'm trying to download the free edition of AVG. I click to download, save to the desktop, and when I double click the icon on the desktop to install it takes me to a page titled "supported Platforms" and it appears to be just an information page, I don't see what i'm suppossed to do next.....
HELP!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Trying to download AVG free
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trying to download AVG free
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Windows 2000
- Collapse -
re: windows 2000

Would it say Server? I just looked and it said "microsoft windows 2000 5.00.2195 service pack 2"

- Collapse -
Re: windows 2000

Sorry, I can't tell you. The versions were:
1. Professional
2. Server
3. Server Advanced
4. Datacenter Server
That's all I know. Now wait for the AVG representative here to tell more. From the list I referenced in my previous post, they know how to tell the difference.

Kees

- Collapse -
Fully updated

Hello,

Please be informed that latest service pack and Security Rollup Package is required for AVG to install on Win 2000.

Check the following Microsoft KB to update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260910

Thanks

CNET Forums