Computer Help forum

General discussion

trying to delete written message

by markmtz / August 19, 2007 2:38 AM PDT

Hello,
Does anybody know how to remove a message written about a quarter inch in red on the bottom of my web page this is what it says <toolbarbutton id="morningcoffee-button" type="menu-button' accesskey="M" I tired to remove it by typing in the Google search button for answer

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: trying to delete written message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: trying to delete written message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What program. . .
by Coryphaeus / August 19, 2007 3:04 AM PDT

did you use to create the page?

Collapse -
by markmtz / August 19, 2007 2:30 PM PDT
In reply to: What program. . .

NO I didn"t create this page it just appear there out of nowhere I have delete morningcoffee software a long time ago but it was still around in my hard drive so I deleted all of them that relate to morningcoffee software files using duplicate file killer software remove the files because there were about 15 duplicate files still around

Collapse -
(NT) Then please tell what you mean with "my web page".
by Kees Bakker / August 19, 2007 4:59 PM PDT
Collapse -
by markmtz / August 20, 2007 2:08 PM PDT

Hello,
I was referring to my 19"screen it has shrunk from the bottom up about 2 and half inches up and the wording written across in red it only does it went you open your internet

Collapse -
Sounds suspect.
by Kees Bakker / August 20, 2007 5:08 PM PDT

But still unclear. So please tell more.

- Where doesn this message appear? At the bottom of the page you're viewing or in the (gray?, black?) area of 2 and half inch at the bottom that suddenly appeared?
- Does it appear on all pages you visit, or does it only show up on your 'home page' (that is, the page that comes up when your browser opens) and does it disappear when you visit any other site?
- Is the lost 2 and a half inch only in the browswer, or also on the desktop and in other programs?
- What is your 'home page'?
- What browser are you using?

Kees

Collapse -
Are you using Firefox/Mozilla Browser?
by carolina1 / August 20, 2007 11:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Sounds suspect.

If you are; then Morning coffe is a reminder add-on that can be shut down by the tools menu.
Tools - Mangage Add Ons -
Highlight the file name and clisk disable in the bottom left.
Shut down the browser and restart

Collapse -
by markmtz / August 25, 2007 10:51 AM PDT

Hello,
"Hey" it has work you are a genius yes I am using Firefox as a Browser I open up my tools like you said and disable it morning coffee I got my full screen back I was out of town that's why I didn't answer right away thanks keep up the good work it would had cost me a fortune shall I deleted completely since I don't needed anymore

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.