General discussion

Trying to Connect Three Monitors to one graphics card

So I built my own computer and bought three monitors and I am trying to figure out how to connect the monitors, but need help. I bought a Radeon HD 8350 Graphics card and it comes with two DVI ports, a HDMI port, and a Display port The only problem is that I can't figure out how to rig this up to have three monitors side by side. Does anybody have an Idea of what to do and also what products I should buy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Trying to Connect Three Monitors to one graphics card
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trying to Connect Three Monitors to one graphics card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
HDMI idea

Just wondering could use the both dvi ports and the hdmi port to connect. Use a HDMI to VGA cable to connect to monitor. Will that work?

- Collapse -
One wonders . . .

if that information is located in the graphics card's owners manual.

- Collapse -
What monitors?

What monitors do you have - inputs - DVI/VGA/ other? and what are you going to use it for?

Don't know the radeon card but I suspect that the 2 dvi outputs will be separate, and the HDMI and display port will be alternatives to the DVI, but I could be wrong. I use 3 monitors - 2 driven by a high end Matrox card via dvi and the third by a separate old pci card, as I don't need anything special on that screen which is just used for browser and email.

A

- Collapse -
The Monitors I have

I have two VGA monitors Samsung Syncmaster 710n and Syncmaster 713n and I also have a Samsung Syncmaster 193p which has both DVI and VGA

- Collapse -
Ahh, that nails it.

Sorry but while I can see how to connect 2, the card appears to only do that many and has only 2 VGA connections (using the usual DVI2VGA adapters.)

For the 3rd display you have to add a card or USB video card.
Bob

- Collapse -
PS. The 8350 manual I read.

Noted dual displays and never more than 2 displays at any point in the document. This is why you may have issues.

- Collapse -
Depending on your motherboard video slot

CNET Forums

Forum Info