Samsung forum

General discussion

Trying to connect samsung led to a B&W Zeppelin

by rolley666 / September 6, 2010 5:41 PM PDT

Hi there. I am in the uk. I have a the samsung led tv, model number:UE32B6000VWXXU. On my original sony tv I had it connected upto my B&W zeppelin to give the room a little more sound (it's in the bedroom.). However, I came to do the same with the samsung and there doesn't seem to be 3.5mm head phone jack, which is how I connect the sound to the zeppelin. The zeppelin has no direct optical input so can't use that from the tv. Can someone tell me how to connect the tv to the zeppelin with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm head phone cable. Please please please. Now unfortunately we appear to have lost the silly little adapter cables for component and analog inputs into the tv and samsung tell us to see the retailer, the retailer says speak to samsung and it goes round and round. which I think is absolutely rubbish from both parties. If one of these is needed, will try to get one off the internet. Thank you in advance for any help or info anyone can give. James

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trying to connect samsung led to a B&W Zeppelin
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trying to connect samsung led to a B&W Zeppelin
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Samsung
by Kees Bakker / September 6, 2010 5:47 PM PDT
Collapse -
SCART audio
by jw650 / September 6, 2010 8:50 PM PDT

Audio output is usually available from a SCART socket. You can get converter cables or adaptors to go from SCART to RCA (make sure to get one that does output and not input, or is switchable), then you need a RCA to 3.5mm cable/converter.

I believe this TV comes with a "mini-SCART" which needs another adaptor that should have been supplied. Since this mini-SCART is proprietary, I don't know if it includes audio out - maybe the manual will tell you (see the "EXT" port).

If you lost the adaptors, you may need to get the complete accessory pack, including remote.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?