HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

Trying to connect Samsung bar to Samsung 6000 LED

by jmillsp / November 25, 2011 10:58 AM PST

I think I may be missing a connector to get this done from the TV to the new bar I just bought. The bar is an HW-D350 Crystal Surround Air Track by Samsung. Appears they gave me the typical RCA type of connectors but there is only one hole for audio out on the TV that I see. I think I may need an adapter to connect the white and red to that would then Y to the single male connector. Is this correct? I have been having a real time trying to get this connected. I finally gave up on trying to connect to the tv and connected it directly to the satellite reciever. This works but I want to be able to use the same remote for controlling the volume I did before. The remote for switching channels etc. Will I be able to use it this way if I can get it hooked up directly to the tv? Thanks so much for the help. Hard to believe I use to enjoy all these electric gizmos!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trying to connect Samsung bar to Samsung 6000 LED
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trying to connect Samsung bar to Samsung 6000 LED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Could use some help.
by jmillsp / November 27, 2011 7:43 AM PST

I wanted to update my question and let you know I have now hooked it up with an optical connector. I am getting sound. Shut off the internal speaker on the tv so it is not on the external speaker only. Now, my question is, can I control the volume with my Dish remote instead of having to use the speaker remote? Seems there should be a way to me but I haven't figured it out. Thanks. Also, if you can't use they Dish remote to control the volume, is there a model that will allow you to control it with the DIsh remote? Thanks for the help.

Collapse -
Stay tuned.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2011 8:24 AM PST
In reply to: Could use some help.

The Ambassador is mostly around M-F. You also have the Samsung phone support in most countries.

Collapse -
Thanks
by jmillsp / November 27, 2011 9:45 AM PST
In reply to: Stay tuned.

Thanks, I will await a reply. I sometimes get impatient! Blush

Collapse -
Could use some help.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 28, 2011 5:52 AM PST

jmillsp -

Collapse -
Thanks
by jmillsp / November 28, 2011 8:50 AM PST

Thanks. Seems like you should be able to control a Samsung speaker with a Samsung TV. I just learned about the Harmony remote today. Do you think that would work?

Collapse -
Thanks
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 28, 2011 4:32 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks

jmillsp,

Collapse -
One remote
by jmillsp / November 28, 2011 9:36 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks

I may have to give it a try. The one remote thing sounds like a good one to go to me!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.