HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Trump vs Gaddafi

by aumadan / March 21, 2011 12:24 PM PDT
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/21/trump-i-screwed-gaddafi/?ha=ha

(CNN) - Donald Trump, whose flirtations with a presidential bid continue, says he has special experience dealing with Libyan leader Moammer Gadhafi.

Trump, who has said he will decide on a presidential bid by June, said he is particularly happy with the fact he "screwed" Gadhafi on a past real estate deal.

"I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years, and then I didn't let him use the land," Trump boasted. "That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him."

I say, give him a chance. Can't be worse tan what we have now.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trump vs Gaddafi
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trump vs Gaddafi
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And he's proud of it??
by Steven Haninger / March 21, 2011 6:49 PM PDT
In reply to: Trump vs Gaddafi

We don't need that type of business or political ethic anywhere.

Collapse -
Already have it.
by aumadan / March 21, 2011 9:19 PM PDT
In reply to: And he's proud of it??

Always have. At least Trump is honest about it.

Collapse -
I can just see the headlines
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 21, 2011 9:24 PM PDT
In reply to: Already have it.

"Would YOU do business with this man?"

Would other world leaders do business with this man?

Mark

Collapse -
Of course they would.
by aumadan / March 21, 2011 9:27 PM PDT

They already do.

Collapse -
You mean
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 21, 2011 9:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Of course they would.

American Presidents do business deals with other world leaders, then renege on them?

Really? I find that very disturbing.

Mark

Collapse -
That's not at all what I said.
by aumadan / March 21, 2011 9:42 PM PDT
In reply to: You mean

I said they would do business with him. Many do right now.

If we don't start thinking outside the box, we'll never get effective leadership.

Collapse -
Mark, did you find it disturbing...
by J. Vega / March 22, 2011 3:29 AM PDT
In reply to: You mean

Mark, did you find it disturbing when during the campaign Obama agreed in writing to finance his campaign with public money, and then reneged on that agreement?

Collapse -
No.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 22, 2011 3:36 AM PDT

But then I don't understand how US political campaign funding works.

Do you mean to say he didn't use "Tax Revenue" to fund his campaign? If he had, would he have been accused of wasting public monies?

Mark

Collapse -
No....
by wagga-wakka / March 22, 2011 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: No.

It is looked on as a good thing by many to eschew Political Action Committee and private (corporate) funds, which is what he promised but didn't deliver.

Collapse -
Strange
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 22, 2011 4:00 AM PDT
In reply to: No....
Collapse -
Here you go, Mark...
by J. Vega / March 22, 2011 4:14 AM PDT
In reply to: No.
Collapse -
I can see the headlines also, Mark...
by J. Vega / March 22, 2011 3:36 AM PDT

Trump is a businessman, and businesses thrive on publicity. If the publicity is free, the price is right. Trump got his headlines, and he didn't even have to run, just say that he was thinking about it. I think I may smell a free publicity stunt. If that is the case, it worked like a charm.

Collapse -
These type of people...
by Steven Haninger / March 21, 2011 9:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Already have it.

What they promise to do for you, they'll also do to you. Anyone who says they'll lie for me will also lie to me. Remember that.

Collapse -
So Trump's career is over?
by aumadan / March 21, 2011 9:43 PM PDT

I doubt it.

Collapse -
Apparently The Donald thinks....
by Josh K / March 21, 2011 11:27 PM PDT

....that his ability to cheat foreign leaders on real estate deals gives him presidential foreign policy credentials. Between him and Sarah Palin the Republican debates should be funnier than a Dean Martin roast.

Collapse -
Don't forget that other comedian...
by aumadan / March 21, 2011 11:28 PM PDT

The Prez!

Collapse -
I don't know about funny ...
by Bill Osler / March 21, 2011 11:34 PM PDT

Tragicomic maybe?

I'm not politically active enough to be up-to-date on all the would-be contenders but I sure hope the GOP has some people with way more credibility than either Palin or Trump.

Collapse -
I forgot to include Michelle Bachmann
by Josh K / March 21, 2011 11:38 PM PDT

She's good for a few great laughs too.

Collapse -
(NT) Doubt she'll be part of the Presidential debates.
by aumadan / March 21, 2011 11:41 PM PDT
Collapse -
Of course.
by aumadan / March 21, 2011 11:54 PM PDT

I probably would not vote for Trump, but I find his candor and point of view refreshing. At least he has actually accomplished something in his life.

I don't find most politicians credible at all, so his candidacy doesn't seem that outlandish to me.

Collapse -
John Gotti accomplished a lot too
by Josh K / March 22, 2011 12:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Of course.

That doesn't mean I'd want someone like him running the country.

Trump made his money in real estate, and also by doing business with the mob and by borrowing tons of money and then declaring bankruptcy so he wouldn't have to pay it back.

If he runs, it will be good for a few laughs but he'll be torn to pieces on anything of substance.

Collapse -
Borrowing tons of money
by aumadan / March 22, 2011 12:25 AM PDT
....and then declaring bankruptcy so he wouldn't have to pay it back.

Sounds like government material to me. He probably would get torn apart, but I don't see how he is different or inferior to any other politician on the scene. I don't want any of them running thedh country either. He's certainly no more laughable than the others.
Collapse -
This isn't a reality show
by Willy / March 21, 2011 11:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Trump vs Gaddafi

Trump, in his own words says, he screwed someone. Do you think he would screw someone else, alot closer. His true nature is revealed and he wants to run for president, yeah right. I wouldn't vote for him as dog catcher. -----Willy

Collapse -
No other politician ever screwed anyone?
by aumadan / March 21, 2011 11:55 PM PDT

Riiight. They are all saints.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.