Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Truer words were never spoken...

by Edward ODaniel / January 23, 2006 3:49 AM PST
"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
?The New York Times, September 22, 1980 quoting Ronald Reagan
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Truer words were never spoken...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Truer words were never spoken...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Another truism from Ronald Reagan:
by Paul C / January 23, 2006 5:32 AM PST

""No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this Earth." "

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good Point.
by caktus / January 23, 2006 3:27 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Yes Mr. Reagan had very good writers and read prepared
by Ziks511 / January 24, 2006 4:58 AM PST

text very, very well.

Collapse -
Most of Reagans memorable quips were off the cuff.
by Edward ODaniel / January 24, 2006 8:31 AM PST

And most of the stories quoting them made a point of that.

But he did ALSO have good speech writers.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) After all, he was an Actor, wasn't he.
by Rolway / January 24, 2006 8:40 AM PST
Collapse -
And related to waiting for someone else
by Steven Haninger / January 24, 2006 9:58 AM PST

to do a job before it's too late....or maybe just being too afraid take criticism for what does not go as hoped.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will".....Ronald Reagan

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?