Resolved Question

True Surround

I have a PC with a Sabertooth P-67 motherboard, and i have a Kenwood VR-60RS receiver, i am trying to figure out how to connect pc to receiver to get true surround, tried the optical cable but cannot figure the set up with that cable, nothing happened, really appreciate the help with this enigma, pulling hairs already...

Discussion is locked
Raf1962 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: True Surround
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: True Surround
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
True Surround

i thank you for your answers, answer to Bob, the PC is custom made, I7 Processor(watercooled), Sabertooth motherboard with onboard audio outputs(ctr bass, rear spk, side spk and front) all din type.
In answer to Ahloi, thanks for your reply, understand receiver may be older, (Kenwood VR-60RS), i would like to work with that until i can afford a better set up, in the meantime if anyone can get a hold of a wiring diagram that can be detailed between the two, id be most appreciative, thank you all for your assistance...Raf

- Collapse -
Wiring diagram?

All you really need is a digital optical cable from the PC to your Kenwood to get DD5.1.

Just make sure the Realtek drivers are configured correctly when you load the OS.
W7 would be ideal.

Best Answer

- Collapse -
This receiver look like an older model to me.

I think the best surround you can hope for would be Dolby surround.

- Collapse -
True surround

Wish i could get a newer one, but thats all i can work with now, if you come across a diagram between the P-67 and the receiver would be most awesome, thanks for your help. Raf

- Collapse -
Single wire is all that's needed

All you should need is one digital optical cable from PC to Receiver.

- Collapse -
Surround

Surround worked with new optical cable, thank u all for your assistance and comments

- Collapse -
Glad to hear it worked(!) ;) (n/t)

n/t

- Collapse -
Answer
Could depend on OS and drivers.

Given there is no standard in that area, you should push this back to the PC maker.
Bob

- Collapse -
True surround

Wish i could, its a custom rig, I7 processor, sabertooth P67 motherboard, solid state c drive, gtx 580 gpu, appreciate ur help, thx. Raf

- Collapse -
Then it's up to you?

Remember that NOTHING has changed in Windows about driver hunts and more. It's up to you as the builder to install drivers and more. Then you are the expert in drivers that would enable production of the sound connections you want.
Bob

CNET Forums