1. Never found a solid solution in 20 years.
2. Have found a disk wipe, new modem and setup to work until "what happened?"
3. Never was quite clear about "what happened?" but a disk wipe, possibly a new modem and it works again for a time until "what happened?"
Enough of that and I bought a real fax machine.
A good friend of mine used to be able to receive fax on his machine, hes not interested in sending as far as I know but just receiving, hes got the modem, the phone lines connected to it and also the software is installed, he is unsure of which software he uses.
Now while I'm generally good with computer probs I'm completely new to this fax business, I have no idea where to begin and what to look for.
My general strategy was going to be:
- Check if modem is correctly installed, drivers etc are ok
- try and reinstall software
now if that doesnt work I'm at a loss of what to do, if anyone could give anymore suggestions it would be very appreciated.
Or even if there is any good fax software out there thats reliable, even if its not free.