1. Check with the laptop maker for latest drivers.
2. Now go to the IT office and see if they can get it to work.
3. If it fails, make it a warranty issue.
4. That move to WPA2 seems premature since I'm finding many adapters are not ready for WPA let alone the authentication you listed.
5. If push comes to shove ask which PC-Card or Express card works with your laptop and their network. Disable the onboard wifi and use the card.
My computer has no problem picking up personal networks that are far away but will not recognize the network that my campus uses even when I'm around other people with full signal.
My driver version is 184.108.40.206, and the settings for the campus network are:
And I was told to set the trusted root certification authorities to: Thawte Premium Server CA.
Is this just a faulty network adapter or something I can fix?