Question

Trouble in setting Defaults in CMD

Hello.
When opening Defaults in CMD.EXE and then choosing colors, the Screen Text and the Screen Background are always identical. If I modify one of them - the other changes in the same amount.
It causes problem when debugging console aplications under Visual Studio.
How to fix this problem ?
Regards
Amnon

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Trouble in setting Defaults in CMD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trouble in setting Defaults in CMD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Isn't this a long standing "something that would be nice"

To fix? That is, I recall this from about 10 years ago and nothing has changed since then.

As to it causing problems in debugging a console app, I never found that to be true. I've debugged such apps without trouble even with this old bug or anomaly.

But let's look at how you launch that console. Is it from VS or from the shortcut on the start menu?

Do you know why each will differ?
Bob

- Collapse -
"Invisible" text in Debug

When I debug application that uses 'printf' or 'cout' in VS C++, the console window that appears has the same color for text and background (just like the Defaults of CMD) - so naturally I'm not able to see the text created by the application.

- Collapse -
That does not happen here.

Something is not stock but you did not answer my question so I'm left to guess you are new to all this.

Works fine here.
Bob

CNET Forums