General discussion

Trouble Hotsyncing Palm

I have a Sony Clie T615c that just recently started having problems with Hotsync. I get an error message on the PDA which states that "the connection between your handheld and desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again." I have been unable to Hotsync as a result.

My USB ports work fine with other peripherals, and I also tried using another cradle and USB cable for the PDA and received the same error message. I also tried reinstalling the Palm desktop and Hotsync software.

I didn't change any settings prior to getting the error and have no idea what the problem is. Could someone please help me?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Trouble Hotsyncing Palm
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trouble Hotsyncing Palm
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re:Trouble Hotsyncing Palm

Sadly, unless you changed the setting in the Palm itself from USB or Cradle to serial or back to USB/Cradle, the PDA could have suffered a electronics failure on its USB port. The Palm m50x had a similar bad run of luck since the designer didn't take care to handle ESD (Electro-Static Discharge.)

To determine if the PDA is broken, you need another PDA to put in the cradle. If you can't set the Hotsync in the PDA to it's cradle setting and same on the PC, then you may need someone to show you these settings. I couldn't tell if you were in-the-know about this.

Bob

- Collapse -
Re:Trouble Hotsyncing Palm

Saw at PalmBlvd forums that something similar happened w/the Palm m505 or m515 and it was a static problem. To cure it, one guy unscrewed the back plate and disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, then it was fine. Another alternative cited, harder on the battery, is to leave it on until the battery is *fully* out.

CNET Forums