To see where you maybe going wrong.
I have the Xfinity Arris TG862 Gateway and it's range is not getting the job done. I am trying to use my old Netgear WNDR 3400 as a wireless repeater to access dead spots in my house but I am having some trouble finishing the process.
On the Netgear, I have:
- Changed the encryption to WEP
- Set the channel to the same as the Arris
- Changed the SSID to the same name as the Arris
- Set up the "Wireless Repeating Function" as "Wireless Repeater with a Repeater IP Address of 10.0.0.250 and the Wireless Mac Address of the Arris
~~~I have not been able to disable the DHCP server as the button is grey and unclickable.
On the Arris, I have:
- Added the MAC Address of the Netgear to the allowed list in the MAC filtering.
~~~I cannot find anything in the Arris' UI about acting as a Base Station.
[IP address: 10.0.0.1, Range 10.0.0.2-252]
My Netgear say that the wireless repeater is not connected.
Can anyone please help me get from this point to the point of having my setup complete? Thank you!