Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Trouble at Tek-Tips?

Anyone know of problems at the Tek-Tips messageboard site? I'm hoping there are people here who use it, because I can't contact anyone there.

I can no longer log in, and they haven't replied to email for two days. In addition, I see that all my posts have apparently been removed, with no explanation whatsoever. I was in the middle of a couple of interesting technical discussions, nothing even remotely against the rules.

Anyone else had access problems there recently?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trouble at Tek-Tips?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trouble at Tek-Tips?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) works ok from here

In reply to: Trouble at Tek-Tips?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It looks normal to me.

Collapse -
I need your help

In reply to: (NT) It looks normal to me.

This disturbs me a lot. Exclusion without explanation. Who would treat a dog like this?

There seems to be no way I can establish why I've been bounced -- which is all I want to know (it's a free site, after all) -- unless one of you (jonah jones or Kiddpeat) can find out for me on the Tek-Tips site itself. I think the Contact link is at top right.

My Tek-Tips id is spats. They know my email address.

Please, if you have time, contact the site people (they never respond to my email) and let me know what happens.

Thank you.

Collapse -
Hello, Spats, and welcome to SE

In reply to: I need your help

I am having to assume, because you did not provide a link, that you are referring to this site:
http://www.tek-tips.com/

I spent some time looking for a ''tek-tips'' here on CNET - came up empty-handed. Wink

I have never had anything to do with the tek-tips site, so I do not know their terms of service or other policies and procedures. If you don't mind my asking, what pointed you toward CNET/Speakeasy to try to get assistance with your problem? Are you able to contact other members of tek-tips such as we can here through IM? If you can, maybe that would be the way to begin finding some answers.

I, myself, would not wish to join a site to intervene on behalf of someone I do not know in regard to a situation I have no understanding of or involvement in (beyond your description, of course.) Not saying anything about your sincerity or frustration - it just wouldn't make any sense.

Hope you get matters settled - in the meantime, try our help forums here in CNET. You might find it a bit more user-friendly. The forums available are shown here:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-7600_7-5565323-1.html

--Marcia

Collapse -
"Welcome to SE"

In reply to: Hello, Spats, and welcome to SE

Marcia: I didn't bother with the URL because I was hoping to find existing Tek-Tips users here. I wouldn't expect anyone else to respond, naturally.

<''what pointed you toward CNET/Speakeasy to try to get assistance''>

Google. It's a popular technical-support site. So is Tek-Tips. I hoped that some mutual users would be here.

<''Are you able to contact other members of tek-tips''>

If I could do that, I wouldn't be here asking this.

<''I, myself, would not wish to join a site to intervene on behalf of someone I do not know''>

Neither would I, myself. That's not what I, myself, expected anyone to do.

Collapse -
Sorry I was not of any assistance to you

In reply to: "Welcome to SE"

I was merely trying to get some answers to questions that likely I was not the only one here wondering about. I certainly didn't mean to rile you about anything further Happy

I, myself, ( Wink ) would like to wish you a nice day - and, once again, to wish you luck in finding the answers to your frustrations.

BTW, did you see anything here at CNET forums to your liking in regard to tech help and discussions?

Take care,
Marcia

Collapse -
Do I like CNET?

In reply to: Sorry I was not of any assistance to you

<"did you see anything here at CNET forums to your liking in regard to tech help and discussions?">

I certainly did.

Thank you, Marcia, and I'll definitely be back, but right now I'm wound up by the situation at Tek-Tips. I'm sure you wouldn't treat users like that.

Collapse -
Tek-tips gone mad?!

Yes, I am also having problems. I am in contact with one guy who is still using it and he says that I need to go through the web forms in the normal manner... though I have many times over.

It is unclear what is going on but its extremely frustrating as it is easily the BEST technical support forum for IT professionals anywhere!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!