Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
(If you can't access the internet and download the file above, then use a friend or family member's computer to download the file, then copy the files to a flash drive or CD and transfer the file to your computer and install it. You might also want to download the manual updates to Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe which will immediately open a download dialogue window for the updates.)
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
Hope this helps.
I have a dell 550L and running win xp pro.
The following symptoms are occuring:
-unable to update any adaware/spyware programs;
-Symantec client security/antivirus disabled by Trojan
-mozilla firefox wont load
-IE has been uninstalled because of non stop pop up adsand redirecting of browser page to buy "WIN XP PRO ANITVIRUS 2008"
I was able to run "STOP SIGN" by Acceleration Software and displayed infection of Trojan virtumod
Spybot will not load as well.
Any help is greatly appreciated on how to remove this.