General discussion

Trojan?? Links don't work, can't get to system restore,...

I have tried to download several registry cleaners but once they download they won't run. I ran Housecall (IE w/ ActiveX) and it didn't find anything. I have downloaded ErrorNuker, SpyBot, and tried the FixReg.com from Symantec's website.

It all started yesterday...I only went to my bank's website and Yahoo. When I shut my computer down and rebooted later, the screen was crazy looking. Shut down and rebooted again. Had a message that said my resolution properties needed to be reset, did I want to do that automatically? When I said yes, AdAware SE showed 4 registry changes and then none of my links would work. I cannot start anything in the control panel, Norton AntiVirus, AdAware, etc.

I've even tried to download the FixReg.com and Spybot to a disk drive - they still won't start.

I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP. Can anyone help???

Thanks! revmomles88

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Trojan?? Links don't work, can't get to system restore,...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trojan?? Links don't work, can't get to system restore,...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
have a look here...............
- Collapse -
Here's another possible solution.

If dawillie's suggestion doesn't correct the problem go to the link below and download the Fixswen.inf file. Save the fixswen.inf file to your local hard disk, right-click on the file and choose install.

"A Setup INF file to undo registry changes made by W32/Swen@MM and other threats that prevent REGEDIT, BAT, COM, EXE, PIF, REG and SCR files from running".

http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.asp

Tufenuf

CNET Forums

Forum Info