Question

Trojan I can not acess anything on my pc

I think I have a trojanm virus as I can not acess start or any programmes and my task manager is disabled. When I log in either normally or through any of the safe mode options it goes to a screen saying I have to pay £100 for downloading illegal music, which I have not. Any ideas / suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.. (I do have an anti virus malewarebytes but I can not run it as I can not get to it. Thanks, Rob

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Trojan I can not acess anything on my pc
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trojan I can not acess anything on my pc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
What OS?

The standard solution is to restore your last image or reinstall your OS, but there might be a repair option if you have the OS install disk.

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
Issues

And it does the same thing in safe mode? If you can get to a clean computer, download Malwarebytes, send it to a flash drive. Boot the sick computer into SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING, see if the system will recognize the flash drive and try to run MWB from there, it is certainly worth a try.

- Collapse -
reply to issues

When I start in Safe Mode with networking or in fact any of the safe modes I log in as normal but I have no desktop nor can I get to any files/ programmes etc or the internet and the task manager is still disabled. I get a white screen that says please wait and then the PRS window appears.

Thanks,
Rob

- Collapse -
trojan

I had a similar problem, and did what kees suggests you do, put Malwarebytes on a memory stick from a clean computer. It worked great for me and I did it just as he tells you, safe mode with networking, popped it the stick and bom it was done.

- Collapse -
Answer
Removal of Win32/Reveton or Police Central Ransomware
- Collapse -
An Added Note..

Rob..

You wrote, "I do have an anti virus malewarebytes but I can not run it as I can not get to it."

Does this mean you're using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) as your anti-virus? If so, MBAM is not an A/V. The two perform different functions. IF you are using MBAM as an anti-virus, we can cover which A/V's are available to you, once your system is clean.

Carol

- Collapse -
Answer
First disconnect your Internet access

Then roll back using Windows Restore feature to a place before this happened. They have put a small file on your computer that only works when connected to them. They did it to me and claimed to be the FBI. I'm an American. But like you, I had not done anything illegal. Fight these idiots, don't pay them!

- Collapse -
Answer
Checkout...

I suggest you get the Hiren CD, google for it. Get the file and burn to a blank CD disc on a friend's PC. If done proper, becomes a bootable disc, use it to boot on your PC. Provided the CD drive is the 1st bootable drive, it will boot. Once up and running, access the various AV pgms. provided and run them or any other corrective action.

You can also check the: http://forums.cnet.com/spyware-viruses-security-forum/ and check for other useful pgms. If upon running some pgm. it produces a trojan/virus name, use that to further help remove it. Post at that forum for further help.

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

tada ------Willy Happy

CNET Forums