General discussion

Trojan.Banker detected by Malwarebytes.. Please help

Jun 9, 2009 2:59AM PDT

Hi,

This morning I ran the Malwarebytes scan (after updating it) and it found one infected file: Trojan.Banker C:\WINDOWS\kb913800.exe

I removed it, and on the log it says:
(Trojan.Banker) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I restarted my computer. I ran Malwarebytes again and this time it found nothing. I also ran SuperAntispyware, Spybot, and Avira and they didn't find anything.

My question is: What else can I do to make sure my computer is completely clean? I read this is a dangerous trojan because it steals personal information. Please let me know. Thank you very much!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Trojan.Banker detected by Malwarebytes.. Please help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trojan.Banker detected by Malwarebytes.. Please help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Trojan Banker..
Jun 9, 2009 3:24AM PDT

Run the F-Secure Online Scanner

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

Note: This Scanner is for Internet Explorer Only!

*Click on Online Services and then Online Scanner
*Accept the License Agreement.
*Once the ActiveX installs, click Full System Scan
*Once the download completes,the scan will begin automatically.
* The scan will take some time to finish,so please be patient.
*When the scan completes, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button.

IF the scanner comes up clean, I guess, MalwareBytes AntiMalware did it's job.

- Collapse -
Found another malware trace this morning...
Jun 10, 2009 1:10AM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for your advice. I ran F Secure Online scanner on Firefox (as of 6/4/09 it now supports Firefox) and it found nothing.

I also ran Karspersky scanner online and again it didn't find anything. I ran another Malwarebytes scanner and it was clean.

I was feeling confident, however this morning I ran again Malwarebytes and it showed an infected folder. I deleted immediately. Here's the result:

Folders Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\2052 (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

What can I do to completely clean my computer? I don't want to find any more traces of any malware. Thank you!

- Collapse -
Once quarantined, >>>>
Jun 10, 2009 2:37PM PDT

A Trojan cannot affect your system.

Can you delete all your quarantine logs in MBAM?

I run MBAM as well but once it finds something and I move it to quarantine as far as I am concerned it is gone.

I sense that you are uncomfortable with something on your PC notwithstanding it is in quarantine.

Suggest you open MBAM and delete the quarantine logs. Then it will be completely eliminated.

Most Spyware programs simply quarantine in case, I guess they identify something that is required to run the system as a 'false positive' and you need to go to the quarantine log and reverse the process.

To be sure you have done this, d/l Superantispyware as well and run it to see if it picks up what MBAM did.

Post back with results.

CNET Forums

Forum Info