Phones forum

trinidad and tobago carribean

by zoomedic / January 20, 2014 3:02 AM PST

hey all , i am new here and wanted to ask if any one can offer bulk used cell phones , gsm networks i am looking for about 20- 40 pieces gsm
if aviable please email me and let me know what kind of phones you have of if possible can you direct me to where i could source these ,

also i have a lap _ top and i really need internet however where i live the phones lines for dial up internet sucks and they always have a pproblem and never work the way they should ,

the dongle provider says because of location i might not get the 4G SERVICE i might get a two G which might be incredeble slow and of no use , so just asking for any ideas or sujessitions etc ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: trinidad and tobago carribean
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: trinidad and tobago carribean
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Sure. Here that's on ebay.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 20, 2014 3:17 AM PST

Plenty to be had.

Collapse -
What about Digicel?
by Pepe7 / January 20, 2014 11:10 AM PST

I thought they offered 4G in T&T?

Edit: I see on their coverage maps that there doesn't appear to be 3G fallback like in the US, but only 2G. That stinks. It will be similar to dialup, but certainly not much faster IME.

Cable broadband looks crazy expensive, from what I see on a couple sites ;(.

Collapse -
the digecel has the dongle and it has 4 g service but where
by zoomedic / January 20, 2014 8:08 PM PST
In reply to: What about Digicel?

the digecel has the 4 g service and the dongle is easy to get but where i live , digecel told me that i would not get the service and they are sorry for saying that they ffer service all over ,

any body have any other ideas that might work in these areas that i could get internet m,

and about ebay being the place to source used mobile phones to buy , yes the would have the phones but i was looking for some one who may have a link to sell or have some to offer to me for sale and i could buy them direct and have it shipped to trinidad etc like a coustom service they might offr , ?any how thanks for th eidea and well i am still looking ,

Collapse -
Let me be blunt
by Pepe7 / January 21, 2014 12:59 AM PST

When any carrier states 'it works all over', this means, where they have properly located their cell sites, etc. It's not to be taken literally. Plus, if you take a peek at their coverage maps online, they do not indicate that 4G is 'all over' T&T Wink

Besides moving to an area that is currently blanketed by 4G, or paying through the nose for cable or DSL internet service, I see no other options for you.

Collapse -
by zoomedic / January 21, 2014 6:07 PM PST
In reply to: Let me be blunt

ok , i am sorry for living in a place that would not have 4 G , and althought they meaning digecel and bmobile has 4 g and all that add fooloshness ,

i was asking if any if any body might know of another source that i might get the internet services , at home where i live is williamsville and if any body might know what might be able woul;d able to give me internet in this area ,,??

Collapse -
This is U.S. based forum
by Pepe7 / January 21, 2014 11:03 PM PST
In reply to: ok

Coincidentally, I had a few work colleagues from your country, so I am vaguely familiar with some of the offerings, and a few other parts of the Caribbean. At the same time though, I guarantee you won't be getting many comments here since nobody is familiar with specifics of T&T coverage, since that's a local issue per se. You need to do that research yourself. Why not make some phone calls to a local government agency or chamber of commerce, etc.? I'm not aware of any T&T/Caribbean centered discussion forums relating to telecommunications, but maybe you will find something.

For the record, even in the U.S. companies claim to have coverage 'everywhere' in their advertisements. By now everybody knows it's not true though. Just marketing hype.

Good luck.

Collapse -
thanks for the insight
by zoomedic / January 22, 2014 7:44 PM PST

thoughtfull and right on ,

at the end of it all all i am looking for is some idea of a device of service that will allow me to have internet acess at home where i live to get internet , i was hopeing some one here would have know about some thing that would help and looking at it from where you stated makes the most secence because ppl w would not know how back ward a country like trinidad that boast of being first world rate and first world status is soooooooo back ward when it ciomes to things as simple as this ,,, and at the same time i was looking for buisness prospects in the bulk used mobile phones dept ,, any how thansk and good luck your self ,,,man

Collapse -
Hope you find some good service
by Pepe7 / January 23, 2014 2:23 AM PST
In reply to: thanks for the insight

Reliable broadband service is certainly a plus to get through the day(!)

Oh, and look around online for Miami, Florida wholesalers for bulk phones sold to the Caribbean countries. Not sure realistically how that would bring many profits like the old days, given that the lower end stock is such a relatively inexpensive commodity now, practically given away by the carriers. The top end smartphone handsets currently in vogue are too expensive IMO on the front end unless you are a company w/ money to burn...

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?