Phones forum

General discussion

Tri-band in Quad-band

Hi all
I'm trying to figure out whether i can use a tri-band phone in a country where they only provide quad-band service. Is it possible to use tri-band for quad-band service? What is the actual different between them?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tri-band in Quad-band
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tri-band in Quad-band
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I think you are confused

In reply to: Tri-band in Quad-band

Most countries use one or two bands. Most Europe uses 900/1800 bands. Usually a Tri-band will work in most countries. They are either 900/1800/1900 or 850/1800/1900. There is no such thing as a quad-band country. I believe 850 is used only in USA and by Cingular. My 850/1800/1900 band phone worked in UK and Italy. So did my other 900/1800/1900 band phone.

Check the following
http://www.thetravelinsider.info/2002/1101.htm
and
http://www.thetravelinsider.info/roadwarriorcontent/quadbandphones.htm
Scroll all the way down in my second link and you will see the country list and the bands used.

Collapse -
very little difference

In reply to: Tri-band in Quad-band

The difference between Triband and Quadband is the 850mhz, Triband phones are usually 900/1800/1900 and quad band is 850/900/1800/1900mhz
if you are traveling outside the US unless you are going to south america you only need triband phone.
right now with the price of V3 motorola dropping I would buy the quad band and not worry at all
you can get V3 at www.romeohifi.com

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!