Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Trent Lott (Rep Senator of MISS)

by TONI H / January 17, 2006 1:13 AM PST

seeking fourth term re-election....just announced live on CNN. Looking for link. He supposedly will also go after his old job of Leader since that position will be opening up soon with Frisk(sp) dropping out of it from what I understand.

TONI

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Trent Lott (Rep Senator of MISS)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Trent Lott (Rep Senator of MISS)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Drat!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / January 17, 2006 2:01 AM PST

He was in line to be replaced by a Democrat (current or former Governor), had he retired as he'd previously indicated he would...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Which is why
by TONI H / January 17, 2006 2:10 AM PST
In reply to: Drat!

most are believing he decided to run again...plus he can get some of the best Katrina funding for MISS if he's in the picture.

TONI

Collapse -
His re-elction...
by Angeline Booher / January 17, 2006 3:04 AM PST

..., or not, is up to Mississippians.

If he wins, whether or not he gets Frist's role is up to his fellow party senators.

I reckon there are plenty of senators on both sides that we wonder how they get or stay in power, especially if they are not from our state.

Should be fun to watch.:-)

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
I hope it's noted
by TONI H / January 17, 2006 3:22 AM PST
In reply to: His re-elction...

by members here, I didn't say one way or the other how I might feel about his decision...I just thought it was a very interesting interview and noteworthy, along with some comments that were made by the CNN reporters afterward.

The link to the interview finally showed up at the site.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/17/lott.senate/index.html

TONI

Collapse -
It is interesting...
by Angeline Booher / January 17, 2006 4:17 AM PST
In reply to: I hope it's noted

... and I confess I was somewhat surprised, though i don't know why.

My "it should be fun..." applied to watching to see how events evolve in MS and in te senate. I heard the other day that some other senators are positioning themselves for the leadership role.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
The other day
by TONI H / January 17, 2006 4:37 AM PST
In reply to: It is interesting...

everyone was second guessing and the assumption was that Lott would retire clearing the way for a Democratic spot, which I believe was considered to be a shoe-in.

I have to say, for the record on my personal opinion, that I believe Lott has always been an extremely respectable Senator and Leader in the past....except for his tasteless gaffe a couple of years ago. But who among us hasn't wished for the chance to take back something we said without thinking first?

I'm not excusing him....I'm rationalizing based on personal experience. And please don't construe this to mean that idiots like Robertson and Nadin, et al are to also be given that rational as they have habits of doing it over and over.

TONI

Collapse -
And the "groupies" and......
by Mac McMullen / January 17, 2006 5:00 AM PST

...."camp followers" will attempt to make much of this.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?