Question

Trend Micro Titanium Internet Sec. vs Microsost Sec. Essenti

Yesterday I had vtecksquad fix my computer by remote access. They disabled my Trend Micro Titanium Internet Securities and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. Which of the two anti-viruses is the best? I have been using Trend Micro for three years. It has detected trojan horses and viruses more than once. Opinions will be appreciated. Thanks Norman

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Sec. vs Microsost Sec. Essenti
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Sec. vs Microsost Sec. Essenti
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
This is a personal choice.

As no known protection works against everything, why not go with what you like along with the usual self defense?

That is, those that depend on these protection apps usually get the worst infections.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
What makes you feel good?

Often enough, the times I fix a infested PC is because the user allowed some malware to get by. Meaning, they agreed or provided some s/w or app to be allowed past defenses. You can't defend if you allow or are unaware what the real threat here is. Just opening an e-mail may do this or agree to some freebie that has hidden malware can be a trouble in the mix. Sometimes, even good pgms. become a hassle as they refuse to leave or un-install, go figure. You have to figure out what makes you happy and understand how you got infected to help reduce your missteps or better understanding what got through. So, don't fall for some free s/w because it's free but rather trust the source it's gotten from plus what is supposed to inside the s/w file is suppose to be. good luck

tada -----Willy Happy

CNET Forums