General discussion

Traveling and in need of help

My friends computer had the screen popup that says to shut your computer down and restart, butnow it won't get past the apple logo. We our traveling through Central America so taking it to an apple store is not possible at the moment and she doesn't have a startup disk. I ran command s for single user mode it came back with;

/sbin/fsck -fy
** /dev/rdisk0s2
** checking journaled HFS plus volume.?
** Extents Overflow file.?
** Checking Catalog file.?
Missing thread record (id = 3992Cool
Incorrect number of thread records
(4, 31789)
** checking multi-linked files.?
** checking catalog hierarchy.?
** Checking Extended Attributes files
** checking volume bitmap
Volume bitmap needs minor repair
** checking volume information
Invalid volume file count
(it should be 690478 instead of 690476)
Invalid volume directory count
(it should be 159326 instead of 159323)
invalid volume free block count
(it should be 4774249 instead of 4774251)
Volume header needs minor repairs
(2,0)
** repairing volume.?
Missing directory record (id = 39928
**the volume Macintosh HD could not be repaired.?
/dev/rdisk0s2 (hfs) EXited with signal 8

Sorry I know that's a lot but if anyone can help and let me know what I can do, that would be great!
It's a MacBook ox 10.5 I think.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Traveling and in need of help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Traveling and in need of help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Nothing you can do

Nothing you can do because there's two possible solutions to this problem.

#1: Reinstall the OS, which you say you can't do because you don't have it with you

#2: Replace the HDD, which would probably be difficult given the region

So, unfortunately, your friend's what we in the trade call screwed.

If the system is still under warranty, that is valid anywhere in the world, and you can go to any AASP, it doesn't have to be an Apple store. The problem is that they probably won't have an english language restore disc, so it likely won't do you much good even if you found a place.

- Collapse -
Something you can do.

CNET Forums

Forum Info