Speakeasy forum

General discussion

by critic411 / November 7, 2008 12:03 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Transparency???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Transparency???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here it is...
by J. Vega / November 7, 2008 3:07 AM PST
In reply to: Transparency???
Collapse -
Did you catch this too?
by critic411 / November 7, 2008 3:11 AM PST
In reply to: Here it is...

"As well, the nonprofit may also serve as a haven for Obama supporters and campaign loyalists who for one reason or another can?t be employed by the Administration or in the federal government. ?There are some people who have been with us from the beginning who are clearly political liabilities or who won?t be able to qualify for a job, say, because they can?t get a security clearance,? says another aide, who was unaware of the unique Obama transition project?s tax status."

Collapse -
shrouded in such secrecy
by JP Bill / November 7, 2008 3:20 AM PST

Some shroud......

Some secrecy......

How many names there?

Obama-Biden Transition Project

John Podesta
Former White House Chief of Staff
Valerie Jarrett
President and Chief Executive Officer, The Habitat Company
Peter Rouse
Chief of Staff, Senator Barack Obama
Advisory Board Members

Carol Browner
Principal, The Albright Group
Former Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency
William Daley
Vice Chairman, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Former Secretary of Commerce
Christopher Edley, Jr.
Dean, Boalt Hall School of Law
Former Associate Director, Office of Management and Budget
Michael Froman
Managing Director, Citigroup
Former Chief of Staff, Department of the Treasury
Julius Genachowski
Co-founder, LaunchBox Digital; Special Advisor, General Atlantic
Former Federal Communications Commission Official
Donald Gips
Group Vice President, Level 3 Communications
Former Chief Domestic Policy Advisor to Vice President Gore
Mark Gitenstein
Partner, Mayer Brown
Former Chief Counsel, Senate Judiciary Committee
Edward Kaufman
President, Public Strategies
Former Chief of Staff, Senator Joseph Biden
Janet Napolitano
Governor, State of Arizona
Federico Pe

Collapse -
I have trouble understanding....
by J. Vega / November 7, 2008 3:44 AM PST

I have trouble with understanding the statement on the site "Senator Obama also laid down principles for how to discuss faith in a pluralistic society, including the need for religious people to translate their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific, values during public debate.".
Does that mean that, say Jews or Catholics, must not express any values that are specific to their faiths? Does that go for discussions in their particular churches, discussions aimed at the general public, or both? I'd like to have him clarify that.

Collapse -
their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific
by JP Bill / November 7, 2008 3:57 AM PST

First...I'm not Obama

Can't we all have a discussion without bringing religion-specific concerns into the discussion.

No matter what religion you are most people want a peaceful, prosperous life.

Seems pretty basic

Second...I'm not Obama

Collapse -
Here's some more secret squirrel stuff
by JP Bill / November 7, 2008 3:24 AM PST

Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Obama-Biden Transition Project

Official announcement from the Project:

With Barack Obama and Joe Biden?s election, this planning process will be now be formally organized as the Obama-Biden Transition Project, a 501(c)(4) organization to ensure a smooth transition from one administration to the next. The work of this entity will be overseen by three co-chairs: John Podesta, Valerie Jarrett, and Pete Rouse.

The co-chairs will be assisted by an advisory board comprised of individuals with significant private and public sector experience: Carol Browner, William Daley, Christopher Edley, Michael Froman, Julius Genachowski, Donald Gips, Governor Janet Napolitano, Federico Pe

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?