Phones forum

General discussion

Transfering Music to Motorola RAZR V3m on Sprint

by simonjakell / March 13, 2007 12:42 AM PDT

I have a Motorola RAZR V3m and my subscriber is Sprint.

I bought Motorola Phone tools and can connect to my V3m. Transfering phonebook and picture files with PT is no problem - I can also transfer Wav or MP3 files to my phone from my computer via Phone Tools/Melody Studio - but I can't access the music on my phone.

The only obvious place for music on a RAZR V3m is in (softkey) Music/Sprint Music Store/Player. (The total Master menu on the phone is: Web, On Demand, My Content, Pictures and Videos, Bluetooth, Call History, Messaging, Contacts, Media player, Music(Sprint Music Store), Tools and Options.) Using the File Transfer feature of Phone Tools I can see the following files on the phone: The Master File is; Audio, InCamera, InCamcorder, MixedMedia and MMC (the storage card removable.) The MMC file has a sub file for Music.

Using the Phone Tools / File Transfer tool or the Melody Studio I can transfer Mp3 and WAV files to 2 locations for music. Melody Studio transfers either type of file by default into the main"Audio" File. Using the File Transfer I can see the music files in the Audio folder but using the phone menus I can't get to it and no I can?t access them via Music/Sprint Music Store/Player.

I can transfer ?aac? files to my storage card; the Music sub folder of MMC and play them using Player; however the Melody Studio in Phone Tools doesn?t see this type of file??? Also once in MMC they can?t be transferred to the phone and can?t be assigned as Ring Tones etc.

I have considered the Mixed Media file however clicking Media Player makes the phone connect to the Internet which will incur charges.

Could they make this crap any more complicated??

If anyone can add anything I?d love to hear it. I really want to be able to make/transfer my own ring tones etc.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Transfering Music to Motorola RAZR V3m on Sprint
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Transfering Music to Motorola RAZR V3m on Sprint
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I transfer music this way
by okvol / March 19, 2007 2:07 AM PDT

Using Motorola Phone Tools, copy MP3 versions to the MMC->Music directory. To help when managing music from MPT, create sub-directories by band, album (but the names are limited to 8 characters). The music player will find them. But this is the only way to have two versions of the same song name uploaded by MPT.

If you need more hints, search www.sprintusers.com forum.

Collapse -
Razr V3m on Sprint
by simonjakell / March 19, 2007 4:28 AM PDT

Here's the latest. I can now transfer MP3's and Wav to the phone and play them. Using Phone Tools Transfer Wizard only - The Melody Studio doesn't work - transfer files to the MMC music file only - then use right softkey Music and the songs will come up in the play list.

You can only play songs on the removable card NOT on the phone. Here's the latest. I can now transfer MP3's and Wav to the phone and play them. Using Phone Tools Transfer Wizard only - The Melody Studio doesn't work - transfer files to the MMC music file only - then use right softkey Music and the songs will come up in the play list.

You can only play songs on the removable card NOT on the phone.Here's the latest. I can now transfer MP3's and Wav to the phone and play them. Using Phone Tools Transfer Wizard only - The Melody Studio doesn't work - transfer files to the MMC music file only - then use right softkey Music and the songs will come up in the play list.

You can only play songs on the removable card NOT on the phone. Phone Tools Melody Studio doesn't work, as by default it sends the music to the phones default Audio file (on the phone) not on the MMC and you can't change it.

You cannot use any RingTones but ones you download from Sprint - Sprint has blocked this feature on the phone so they can sell you their Ring Tones. There should be a menu item when you click on a song that allows you to "assign as - Ring Tone " etc. Sprint has talen this menu item out.

You cannot use anything for RingTones but ones you download from Sprint - the Basstards have blocked this feature on the phone.

You cannot use anything for RingTones but ones you download from Sprint - the Basstards have blocked this feature on the phone.

Collapse -
help!
by mrsmouse / April 5, 2007 6:51 AM PDT

i have the v3m red sprint razr i waited forever for a red one and now that i got it i HATE it i cant even put music on it! i have a 1.0 GB (whatever it is) and i dont know how to put music on it i have it in a card slot in m computer and i put music on it ive tried mp3 and aac and im still lost its on there but how do i play it the stupid music softkey says i need to buy music then other people are talking about a mixedmedia file how am i supposed to get to that??? this is way to confusing i should have just got the fusic but i need my music on my phone i simply cant live with out my music!!!! HELP!

Mrs. Mouse

Collapse -
Music Folder in SD card
by k_soul / April 10, 2007 1:06 AM PDT
In reply to: help!

I've formatted the SD card and the only directory I see it creat is the "DCIM" folder what is the other folder for the music called?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?