Question

Tracking employees with keylogger/monitoring software

What is a cheap tool i can use (less than $30) to monitor web page visits linked to each separate
computer throughout my company.
I have a team of 25 employees in my online business. i need to track their actions during all days.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Tracking employees with keylogger/monitoring software
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Tracking employees with keylogger/monitoring software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: monitoring

- Do they all use Mac's (you post in a Mac forum, that's why I ask)?
- Do they all work at the office, or also from home (or where-ever they happen to be)?
- If at the office, what is the flow of the Internet access (I mean, what router, modem, security appliance)?
- Suppose they boot from a Linux-stick during the lunch, do you want to monitor that also?
- Suppose they browse the net using their smartphone and the wireless infrastructure at the office, do you want to monitor that also?
- Suppose they connect a 4G dongle to their PC, so they can visit internet that way, do you want to monitor that also?
- That $30, is that per employee (so $750 for all employees)?
- Do you want to monitor real-time or is a daily report enough?

Note that in certain countries you might need permission from the Workers Council in your company to monitor their internet use. Or. at least, only do it after telling them the rules and the fact that you monitor. Spying on your employees without them knowing is illegal there.

Kees

- Collapse -
they are using Mac

They are all using Mac and working at the office. I just want to monitor them during the working hours.

- Collapse -
Answer
Most are subscription based now.
- Collapse -
$30 per month per one is too expensive for a small business

I noticed 2 figures that the OP offered, 25 workers and 30 USD. It is apparently a small business with limited budget.
I do think employee monitoring is important but the cost you mentioned is too far away from the price he (or she?) can offered.

- Collapse -
Odd.

When it's not worth doing then you don't. Let's look at this another way. How does it create revenue for the company? Maybe it's just some principal that wants to track employees and not required to generate revenue.

Aha, a superfluous want, not needed to run the show. Overhead, be gone!
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Aobo keylogger for Mac
- Collapse -
Answer
Tracking employees with keylogger/monitoring software

Whether you want to track the activities of your employees or your children you can use this Mac Monitoring software that silently records all the activities of your employees and children. This software allows you to view the chat logs, keystrokes, browse system files and many more.

- Collapse -
To Golbaster90

I have removed your post regarding the software that only works on a Windows machine.

You may have missed the part when the OP stated that ALL his employees were using Macs and that this is a Mac forum

P

CNET Forums