Question

TP LINK TL-WA830 RE as an access point x 3

Hi all, I have got three of the above units I would like to connect all as access points as opposed to extenders m, as apparently extenders reduce bandwidth? And we are in a low bandwidth area already (10MBS) however try as I might I am losing the plot, and will to live, getting all three set up correctly. Any advise would be graft fully received.

My system is a main router, with cables throughout the house going to the points I would like to connect the units to, I consider if I have hard cables, and thick walls, I would be better if possible to set up each one as a separate access point, but running on the same overall network, with the same name, and all with the same password! Is this possible? If so, what am I missing? An idiots guide to how to from anyone that knows would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully, Paul!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: TP LINK TL-WA830 RE as an access point x 3
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: TP LINK TL-WA830 RE as an access point x 3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Any other opinions?

I'd appreciate any help!!!

- Collapse -
Answer
I have yet to find such a guide.

But you are on the right track. However my choice on naming is that each spot has its own name. I've seen folk try to name them all the same and for me, I don't support and won't support such as callbacks are assured.

But you can try it again and see if it works for you.

- Collapse -
(NT) Thanks, can I have different names, same password? On same n
- Collapse -
Same password

On same network, with different names??? Would that even begin to work?

- Collapse -
I've done that many hundred times now.

The WiFi SSID and password is per WAP, not by LAN.

CNET Forums

Forum Info