Question

TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 router won't port forward

Hi! So, as the title reads, this router just won't port forward. I tried using GameRanger to play older games online, but even after creating a forwarded port 16000, it will give me the same message as before, "Port Restricted Cone NAT Router".

Last week, I tried making a Minecraft world public by forwarding the port it created the LAN server. That didn't work: my friend never managed to connect to it, but could connect to other servers (yes, I did give him the IP adress, alongside with the port, format: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:PORT).

I also want to mention that I can't seem to create detectable LAN worlds in the network. The world is being opened, but cannot connect to it: it refuses the connection. Why is all of this happening?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 router won't port forward
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 router won't port forward
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Workaround while you get it fixed.

Use the DMZ entry in the router to point to your server. Total workaround while you get TP-Link to fix it.

- Collapse -
So this is a router issue, not a configuration one

Thanks for the fast answer, will try this tonight and report back.

But how about the LAN connections? Isn't there any other way for them to be detecyed other than DMZ?

- Collapse -
No offense.

But I have never used the term "detectable LAN worlds" in decades of networking and didn't find that in the router manuals. You'll have to define what that is for me as I don't know what that is.

It appears to be something about Minecraft and not something we read in our router and IP network texts.

- Collapse -
I'm not offensed

Yes, I was refering to Minecraft LAN worlds. Mimecraft usually detects LAN worlds automatically, if any. If it doesn't, then the local port cam't be reached: it refuses connection. Any help for that?

- Collapse -
I have to defer to

Minecraft forums on that. But for a server you want exposed to the Internet, if port forward fails we have DMZ to fall back on while the router maker answers or fixes.

Post was last edited on October 5, 2018 10:34 AM PDT

CNET Forums

Forum Info