Question

\\toshibalaptop is not accessible

I have two computers on my network: desktop XP pro, sp2 hardwired to linksys WRT110 wireless router, and a toshiba laptop, XP pro, sp2 running wireless. Both members of workgroup: workgroup. Win Firewall off on both and I have the same signon to both with passwords set to never expire. Both running F-Secure from Centurylink. I did not know I had a problem until I purchased a kodak wireless printer ESP5250. Laptop connects wireless, but will not connect to the printer. Thru "View Network Computers" laptop can only see itself and when clicked on can see the wireless printer but cannot see the desktop computer. Kodak did get the printer setup so I can print wireless from laptop but none of the other features, like scanning will work. From the desktop I can see the desktop, the laptop and the printer. I can use the full features of the printer. But if I try to access the laptop I get an error message \\toshibalaptop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Network path not found. I believe the problem is with the laptop as I have brought other laptops in and they connect wireless to the printer with full features. Also I have taken this laptop to antoher house with a wireless printer and it would not connect there either. please help. I am out of ideas.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: \\toshibalaptop is not accessible
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: \\toshibalaptop is not accessible
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums