Question

Toshiba Satellite P55t-A5118 runs super slow

Hey guys. I'm currently faced with a problem that has stumped me, a good friend of mine has this Toshiba. She says she encountered it moving extremely slow and sluggish. I tried to reinstall 8.1 from 10 but in the process i was unlucky accessing the BIOS due to a RTC low battery error. Soon after exchanging the battery I'm still receiving the same error code. Weird? I googled it and then did this method i read:

Escape + power button at the same time and I didn't get the error message this time. I was permitted into the BIOS. I have successfully installed 8.1 on the computer after wiping the original installation. Here is my ultimate problem though, the slow and sluggish experience has not been altered. The computer is extremely slow, almost as if the board itself is failing but I'm not sure exactly what the issue could be?

Any suggestions or great fixes for this Toshiba malfunction that has this i7 8gb ram PC moving extremely slow. (It's not the HDD either, it's slower than that would affect the PC. VERY sluggish)

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Toshiba Satellite P55t-A5118 runs super slow
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Toshiba Satellite P55t-A5118 runs super slow
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I think that process would end up with a slow PC.

Windows, even 8.1 would be just the OS and without all of toshiba's drivers and apps.

Use the factory restore next time as I no longer do driver hunts for folk.

- Collapse -
nO HELP.

I never asked for a driver hunt i asked for a suggestion. I just recycled the charge for the CMOS, it's running perfect. Your response didn't even help, and I used Microsoft's 8.1 ISO. To think I open laptops and can't find a driver? Go read a book about context clues, you've got to be posted trolling responses for the fun of it right?

- Collapse -
Or you are posting without telling all.

Today I'm finding techs that can't do the after steps on the OS. Your post omitted this so I called you on it.

That upset you and well it should. Don't leave details like that unwritten otherwise I'm going to bin you with the usual crowd.

- Collapse -

Ok.... You are a sad man. Good day.

- Collapse -
Actually I'm very happy.

I wish you luck in your work. That is I see such posts all the time and 99% of them are folk that install the OS and don't do the rest of the work.

Why come in with an attitude like this? It slows down the process of finding out what's going on.

- Collapse -
The sum...

Of the matter is this really. I didn't ask for OS support, the OS isn't the problem. It was the CMOS in the end. It just goes to show your clearly a jerk who just likes to troll. My original question doesn't even seek OS support. I said a suggest due to sluggish speed, my OS installation was successful. But it doesn't matter now does it? Have a nice day.

- Collapse -
Remember

No matter what you wrote, I'll still be there when you need help. I hope you give me the same in kind.

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) My Toshiba has drivers & support in TOSAPI
- Collapse -
Answer
My Toshiba has drivers & support in TOSAPINS folder.

If you can retrieve that, you'll find what you need there. If not, you'll need to get it from Toshiba.
`
Good luck.

- Collapse -
Thanks

I actually let the CMOS charge for a second, and restarted the computer booted in 16 seconds. All is well! Thanks though for the suggestions.

CNET Forums