Laptops forum

General discussion

toshiba satellite M70 keyboard problem!

Hi, just got toshiba satellite M70 and I am quite happy with it. There is a problemwith the keyboard, the key for @ and " work in reverse, I mean if i want to write @ by prssing shift and @ key,it writes " and if i press shift and " key it writes @. How i can fix it. There is same problemwith

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: toshiba satellite M70 keyboard problem!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: toshiba satellite M70 keyboard problem!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You may have a non-US keyboard selected.

In reply to: toshiba satellite M70 keyboard problem!

If this is a non-US machine and they have the wrong keyboard installed, run back and get the laptop exchanged before the nightmare begins.

Bob

Collapse -
it is Arabic enabled

In reply to: You may have a non-US keyboard selected.

It,s for sale in middle east and keyboard is arabic enabled as i am in Saudi Arabia. But it should not cause any problems as i see other laptops with arabic enabled keyboards taht are ok. So what should i do.

Collapse -
Maybe the keyboard is not selected proper or...

In reply to: it is Arabic enabled

They installed the wrong keyboard. It's new, so balk about it today.

Bob

Collapse -
External keyboard as well

In reply to: Maybe the keyboard is not selected proper or...

ok, thanks. I attached an external USB keyboard to it and it has the same problemas as well. What does it mean?

Collapse -
It was simple infact...

In reply to: Maybe the keyboard is not selected proper or...

Thanks God. I got the solution. I am just writing it in detail so that if anyon faces the similar problem,it might help. I called one of my friends, he instructed me on phone and it,s fine now.

I went to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, then clicked the Regional Options tab and changed it from English(UK ) to English( United States), then clicked the Languages tab, there is option Text services and input languages, i clicked the option details here and selected English(US) as defaut input language, then from Installed services options i selected the Keyboard US and clicked Add... and it,s all done. keyboad is OK now. ( I am sorry if i confuse someone by this description,in practice it was so simple). I think this problem is specific to Arabic English keyboard used in middle east, thats why i was not able to get any clear response in the forums.

I will wait for your feedback.

Collapse -
You did good.

In reply to: It was simple infact...

If you note my first reply, I noted that the wrong keyboard might be selected. I see you sorted that out.

But you have revealed a bigger problem with your supplier. Why didn't they answer this one?

Bob

Collapse -
you are right

In reply to: You did good.

Infact you mentioned it but I was not able to understand your reply.
I contacted the vendor and he asked me to bring it so that he can see what,s the problembbut before that I was able to fix it.
Thanks

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.