Question

Toshiba Satellite L455

Hi,
While turning on the laptop the Toshiba logo comes up then goes, into Windows Error Recovery screen. At that time the the recomended selection is Launch Start up repair. Windows never loads? Cannot launch windows normally? It always goes into a black screen with cursor in the middle, that does not blink? Cannot use recovery disks? My guess it is a hard drive issue? Could it be the BIOS battery need resetting?
Thanks,
Art

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Toshiba Satellite L455
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Toshiba Satellite L455
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you try that generic reset?
- Collapse -
Reply on Toshiba L455

Hi Bob,
When loading recovery disks, the optical drive physically works, but nothing comes up on the screen to prompt me to do anything?
Art

- Collapse -
That's not a good sign.

It could be a sign of some USB thing is still plugged it to a failed HDD. I'm not there so I can't listen and watch for more clues.
Bob

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Unclear on whether ...
- Collapse -
(NT) Thanks will try!

CNET Forums