General discussion

Toshiba Satellite A75 Question

Hi! I just bought the above computer from Price Costco the very end of January, to replace another Toshiba I had to return because of a video card problem. The A75 is pretty much the same as my old one except for a better graphics card. Well when I first got it I noticed that the touchpad was difficult, you had to press down really hard to get it to work, so I changed the settings to very light. Well I still have to press down quite hard to get it to work, and then there are the "mouse" buttons. I've noticed since I got the computer that on almost everything I have to click twice just to get it to where I want it to actually click, when playing a game this becomes extremely frustrating. I went and I changed the settings for that to making so that I didn't have to hold the mouse button for very long so it would click, but even changing the settings on these 2 things have not worked. Does anyone else have a difficult problem with this?

Also, my computer does this low, high pitched sound, it's not the fan, and it doesn't come from the speakers, I can't tell exactly where it comes from, but I can hear it whether my sound is on or not. Anyone else have a problem or a gander as to what it could be?

Just so you know, my model is A75-S2292, from Price Costco. I bought this after having an Tos. Sat. A65.

Thanks for any help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Toshiba Satellite A75 Question
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Toshiba Satellite A75 Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info